Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2016 ELR
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever get a car and then weeks or months later you then realize there's something right in front of you that you never even saw, even though you're looking right at it? I do that with every car it seems but there's so much information on that ELR screen (yah!) that I tended to skip over some of that while I was on my ELR honeymoon.

Took me like 3 weeks before I even noticed that the PRDNL was up on the right top. I was finding myself looking down at the actual shifter to see that for awhile. Took me until last week before I even noticed that the speed needle only lights up the numbers nearby it and dims all the rest of the numbers - cool - I like that! I only noticed this week that there's actually a +/- on the battery display on the center energy screen that shows your battery and battery flow. I like the fact that they show you exactly where the energy is coming from on that screen, whether it's just battery, battery and engine, or just engine, and mirrors the constantly changing energy percentages on the right side of the dash screen as it uses buffer to start or assist in hills. For me, it helps me use the car more efficiently playing "the game" as you guys call it. Maybe I have too much time on my hands in my new semi-retirement....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Now that I have a coolant issue I've noticed there's not coolant temp gauge.
Actually, there is. It is one of the display items in the middle of the instrument cluster (DIC). Speed limit, tire pressure, oil life, coolant temp, etc. A warning icon will also illuminate if it is over temperature (displayed briefly at vehicle startup too). Coolant temp is also available with a scan tool or remote gauge via OBDII.

If you mean battery temp, that is indeed not available on the cluster display. Cluster display just shows engine coolant temp.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh I knew about switching to the temp reading but I was thinking about a dedicated gauge like in regular cars. Good to know there is some sort of warning system onboard though.

·
2016 ELR
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it took me 4 months to realize that if you hit the clock on the upper right you get a full clock display! It also took me awhile to realize that the speed only lights up around the speed you're going - I like that! As well, everytime you change anything the circle around the drivers display turns red while you're doing that... funny how one can just not see those things until down the road...

·
2016 ELR
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so funny that it took this long to finally realize there's a way to fix one of the very, very few gripes I have driving the ELR - when I'm in Navigation mode, the gal speaking would talk so fast - wished that you could pour a drink in her and slow that girl down. I didn't know you could fix that! :D

If anyone's not privy to that or cares, hit settings on the infotainment screen - then Voice. Go down to voice speed and you get slow, medium or fast. My car was set to 13yr girl on cell phone speed 📱 so it was really annoying. I turned that sucker down to slow and wow what a difference... I don't think I've ever noticed that on any other car. Once again, the ELR nav is the best I've ever seen or liked, out of all the cars we've had since 2004 when we got our first nav enabled SUV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts