Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason Progressive list's my car like this on my policy and on my cards,

2006 Cadil C/T Cts Hi Feat EXL 4d

It annoys the crap out of me. Tried to ask them about it and they acted like I was crazy, They told me the list as it pulls from the vin I gave them...wtf

Can anyone decipher that crap? I know Hi Feat is High Feature, I guess for all the crap on my lux package, obviously its a 4 door...I have no idea what C/T or EXL means...

It's annoying having insurance cards that say

2007 Kia Spectra
2006 Cadil C/T Cts Hi Feat EXL 4d

Seriously, sounds like I own a gd spaceship

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Thats a bad thing? Whats your VIN? You can decode it and see what packages or options you have and then that might help out. Might be because you have a higher top speed then the base? Who knows...

·
Registered
06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd
1,161 Posts
Well with geico mine says 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Base. So i guess you pay for simplicity, as my yearly insurance bill is over $6,000....

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well with geico mine says 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Base. So i guess you pay for simplicity, as my yearly insurance bill is over $6,000....
I know the feeling, 3-4 years ago I was paying $7,400 a year for a grand prix and a Kia, around $620 a month. I had a dui, 2 accidents and a ticket on my record though. Most of that has dropped off, I pay $280 a month now.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Wow. Thats crazy. I'm 26, insured in NYC, under my own name, no scams, In Brooklyn, and I pay $2040 a year, and I'm pissed about that.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pay $3,315 but it's for for 2 cars, 2 drivers, Full Coverage....

Cadillac- $151.16 a month, $1,813.92 Yearly
Kia- $125.16 a month, $1,501.92 yearly

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
damn age has it's advantage...i havent paid what most of you guys have paid in years. i pay for full coverage insurance on all four of my cars and barely pay $1800 a year and i have everything on them and in them covered and my deductible is $250 for each car...granted each state has different policy coverages as well and i know that can make a huge difference...

·
Registered
12 CTS Premium - 10 CTS Luxury - Sold= 04 CTS Luxury
311 Posts
insurance will definitely increase the amount you will be paying for your cover for young drivers under 21. And trust me. i would know. i cant own a damn sports car.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,785 Posts
insurance will definitely increase the amount you will be paying for your cover for young drivers under 21. And trust me. i would know. i cant own a damn sports car.
Correction, under 30 now a days. And yes you can own a sports car, you just can't drive the damn thing. lol

KOT

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT
1,062 Posts
WOW That's some pricey insurance! In Quebec, it doesn't work like that! At the age of 20 or 21, I bought a brand new Dodge Intrepid R/T and the insurance was something about 800$ per year.

I bought this 05 CTS 3 years ago at the age of 26 and it was 650$. Today, its 590$ chemical transport included (i work in chemical products).

I always love the way U.S were but on this one, I prefer our insurance policy.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
WOW That's some pricey insurance! In Quebec, it doesn't work like that! At the age of 20 or 21, I bought a brand new Dodge Intrepid R/T and the insurance was something about 800$ per year.

I bought this 05 CTS 3 years ago at the age of 26 and it was 650$. Today, its 590$ chemical transport included (i work in chemical products).

I prefer yours too. LOL

·
Registered
06 3.6L CTS w/sports package
115 Posts
I know how us youngsters feel like getting absolutely killed on our insurance!!!!!!!!! but hey what can we do...just wait until I get older

·
Registered
5,630 Posts

Ive always had the impression that you were older, but we're actually the same age...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I know how us youngsters feel like getting absolutely killed on our insurance!!!!!!!!! but hey what can we do...just wait until I get older
Yeah really....I sill wimper every time i look at how much it costs me to drive a friggin car.... sad thing is this is nearly the cheapest insurance gets for me. If i had a coupe with full coverage it would be nearly 12k a year... :crying2:

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
wow, some of you guys are paying alot. I am paying a little over $2k a year for both our cars, and that's with extended mileage and $1M coverage.

Look at it this way, when you are young, your car insurance is astronomical, but your health insurance is dirt cheap. They both reverse as you get older :D

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
wow, some of you guys are paying alot. I am paying a little over $2k a year for both our cars, and that's with extended mileage and $1M coverage.

Look at it this way, when you are young, your car insurance is astronomical, but your health insurance is dirt cheap. They both reverse as you get older :D

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

I'm under government benefits due to my job luckily...Health insurance for me is NOT cheap otherwise...

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT
1,062 Posts
Ive always had the impression that you were older, but we're actually the same age...
Really? What makes you think I was older? hahaha

I can't tell, except if age is showed on the post, how old people are in here! I hate internet for that.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Health insurance through my job is good, they cover around 75% of the cost

1 - 20 of 20 Posts