Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried to replace f1s w d3s what a mistake below are hilites of fiasco
3 of 4 tires i tried were not round ie road force was hi causing vibration aven after 2 attempts to balnce on a HUNTER bala
ncer;
goodyear said they would compenste me for f1s as they were prorated for 30k miles and were bald after 11k i spent 2 hours of time and they tried to gouge me for price of new tires . i was pissed. screw goodyear

went back to so3's Had them on my mb 92 500e and loved them. tires are great smooth ROUND and corner like a mother i will never buy a goodyear product again. s03s all the way....

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
I'm done with goodyear too.I have had terrible luck with every goodyear tire I have ever owned!

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
STS-in-Nottingham said:
Forgive my ignorance, what are s03s, ie, what make/type are they?
Bridgestone Potenza SO3's are AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
c and d is very biased , besides they did not even include so3 in comparo. good luck finding a round d3. ive worn out a dozen so3s and all provided awesome fun from new til bald and ALL were round

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Sorry to hear you say that. I've always been rather pleased with my Goodyear tires. Have I EVER had a problem with a Goodyear? Of course. But overall, I've had great luck with them. They're one of the largest tire makers in the world, if not THE largest, and have been for a long time. I doubt they could make that claim if they screwed all too many of their customers.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
mlg said:
c and d is very biased , besides they did not even include so3 in comparo. good luck finding a round d3. ive worn out a dozen so3s and all provided awesome fun from new til bald and ALL were round
If you read that entire review, that guy didnt have anything good to say about most of the tires. It seems he was more concerned about rain performance, Wierd review.
Look at the continental review. Placed high and disliked.:wtf: The other issue is sizes. The Hankook had the best adhesion but they have no size coverage. Not a very useful review other than to say he liked the goodyears in the rain. This was a rain review. Useless for the bulk of us.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I wanted the goodyears, But also had trouble with vibrations so i'm running my bald pirelli pzero's:banghead:
The tire place I went to did not have anymore gsd3 275 and I had the option of waiting a week or taking all 4 tires off, SO I SENT THEM TO HELL. Besides I had forgotten to call goodyear and ask for my F1 money.
luckily I still have them at my warehouse. 5000 miles and they had vanished.
Pirelli isn't better, I would say they lasted less than the F1's, Very nice tire but I don't have the cash to waste on 5000 mile tires.

Any suggestions on tires before I do anything????

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
Great to hear all of your opinions. I will be ready for new tires after snow season. I will now think twice about getting the GS D3's

Thanks guys

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
mlg said:
c and d is very biased , besides they did not even include so3 in comparo.
I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you there. C&D does have favorites, that's for sure, but they have no problems exposing their problems with even their favorites. C&D certainly has a soft spot for BMWs. However their beloved M3 came second to the S4 recently. They may be a little biased, but I never doubt that they are fair.

In regards to Goodyear, I have had my highs and lows with them. My SHO originally came with Eagle GT+4s. After trying 3 different tires, I went back to the GY because of the stiff sidewall and great transient response. This was crucial on a car with a 6" wide rim. Treadwear and noise sucked but I dealt with it until I got some better rims. The RS-As that came on my father's '95 Lumina LS were utter crap. They had an extremely soft sidewall and were a lousy performance tire. Time after time, car after car came into C&D with RS-As and C&D always poo-pooed the GYs. I don't see any pre-conceived bias with C&D and Goodyear tires. They hated the RS-As, I do too. They like the GS-D3s, I do too. They were the last tire I bought for the SHO.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The Gs-d3's were superior in the wet and more than capable in dry weather. For those of us who will rarely if ever drive our V's in the rain they might not be the best choice. I had Yokohama Advans on my 350z and I really don't think you could do better in the dry. I'm not sure that they come in the V's size though. Have to look into it.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
wooderson said:
The Gs-d3's were superior in the wet and more than capable in dry weather. For those of us who will rarely if ever drive our V's in the rain they might not be the best choice. I had Yokohama Advans on my 350z and I really don't think you could do better in the dry. I'm not sure that they come in the V's size though. Have to look into it.
It's not. I already know.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V | 2012 CTS-V
970 Posts
I've had a lot of Goodyears and never got a bad one. The S03's are treating me well on the GTO. I liked the KDW2's on my SS. Really I haven't bought a bad tire yet on my performance cars. The Dunlop M3's are good in the snow, but suck at performance, but they are pretty much supposed to be like that.

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
wooderson said:
Some of us do drive the V as an everyday car. As such, we need tires that grip the corners in our beast. I would think that would be important to most V owners.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
thebigjimsho said:
The RS-As that came on my father's '95 Lumina LS were utter crap. They had an extremely soft sidewall and were a lousy performance tire.
Before you blow off the Goodyear RSA's realize that they are available now as an EMT which means the sidewalls are much stiffer and the response better. I'm running them now and they aren't that much worse than the F1s that came stock on my 04 V with respect to steering response. A little more compliant so that I don't feel every highway bump but thats fine with me. No, they aren't as sticky as the F1s, but once again, that's fine with me since I hope to have my rear end hold up for the life of the car. Plus they may last a little longer.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I like my GS D3's. One thing that I notice is that after they have set a while and cooled they develop what feels like a flat spot. Cold they do not feel perfectly balanced but after they warm up they smooth out. Something to think about.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts