Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be in the market soon for new tires for my '05 V, and I'm almost certain that I want to switch to non-run-flats.

I'm intrigued by the newly-announced Goodyear Eagle F1 All-Season, with directional tread and carbon fiber reinforcement in the sidewalls. My local Goodyear dealer says it'll be 60 to 90 days before he gets any, although I see they're claimed to be available now via on-line vendors.

Anybody have any firsthand reports? I'm very curious to learn how they perform in the real world.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look impressive! But have you had them on the car long enough to have developed impressions as to how they drive -- traction (wet and dry), turn-in response, etc.? If so, or when you do, please share...

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I've had them about 3 weeks. So far they seem decent, but all the rain we were getting seem to dry up a couple of days after they went on the car, so that test was minimal. Unfortunately wear is (hopefully) going to be a while to see since they have a G.Y. 420 AA wear rating. They feel softer (better ride) on the car than the RSA EMTs and although I haven't hit any corners real hard yet, the little bit I have done seems real good.

Discount Tire ordered them on a Thursday afternoon and had them in (5 tires) on Monday. They charged me 208.00 per tire + mount, balance, etc

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the observations, CIWS. I'd like to deal with the local Goodyear shop -- but if insists the tires won't be available to him for another couple of months, I may not be able to wait. He actually quoted me a price that was only $6 more per tire than the price you got from Discount Tire. Maybe if I point out to him that Discount Tire can get the tires NOW, he'll figure out a way to get them here sooner!

Thanks again...

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Obviously you've not heard about the new Vredesteins. :histeric::histeric::histeric:

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Thanks for the observations, CIWS. I'd like to deal with the local Goodyear shop -- but if insists the tires won't be available to him for another couple of months, I may not be able to wait. He actually quoted me a price that was only $6 more per tire than the price you got from Discount Tire. Maybe if I point out to him that Discount Tire can get the tires NOW, he'll figure out a way to get them here sooner!

Thanks again...
Yeah it would seem strange Discount could have access to the tires quicker than an authorized G.Y. shop. Maybe if he made a few calls he could track them down.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
:bouncy:

I just had a set of the new Eagle F1 All Seasons put on my '05 STS4 V8 last week. The car definetly handles better at 80mph plus. The tread pattern looks like it will handle winter better too.

So far so good .....:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts