Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 deville
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying an 83 mint deville with the 4.1 in it.. It runs great.. i know they can be trouble.. There is a sticker in the engine compartment that says GM Goodwrench New 4.1L

Is that definitely a service replacement engine, and are they better than the originals?

thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Eldorado 4.5 PFI
63 Posts
Yes, that sticker means the engine was replaced at some point in the vehicles life. I would be curious to know when. Try checking with the previous owner to find out when the engine was replaced. If that info is unavailable, check the glove box. If I shelled out the money for a new Goodwrench engine I sure as h**l would not throw out the receipt for the work. That would definately be a strong selling point for the owner in my book. The replacement engine will have any and all updates applicable at the time it was remanufactured. Do some searches on the 4.1 and you will get plenty of info. Hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
Yes, that sticker means the engine was replaced at some point in the vehicles life. I would be curious to know when. Try checking with the previous owner to find out when the engine was replaced. If that info is unavailable, check the glove box. If I shelled out the money for a new Goodwrench engine I sure as h**l would not throw out the receipt for the work. That would definately be a strong selling point for the owner in my book. The replacement engine will have any and all updates applicable at the time it was remanufactured. Do some searches on the 4.1 and you will get plenty of info. Hope this helps.:)
Yeh, you would think the seller would use it as a selling point,unless it was rebuilt long ago?.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts