Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought this car new and while we loved the look, drive and feel of the car, the basic mechanics fell well below our expectations. We have owned many GM products in the past, but this was our first Cadillac... never again! From a timing chain, to steering axle, power steering pump, starting problems and finally a parasitic draw that drained a new battery in less than 48 hours. I have owned luxury sports cars from BMW and Mercedes Benz with none of these issues that ran for 100K more miles. Cadillac has a long way to go to reach these other models. All I can say is buyer beware...

·
Registered
663 Posts
I would say this to GM...if you build an engine that consumes oil, you need to have some type of low oil sensor to alert the owner. These days people are not doing regular maintenance checks like 50 yrs ago. Our local Craigslist has a bunch of 1000 dollar CTS/SRX that look decent in pictures but with blown engines....and they really aren't worth fixing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Your SRX's issues sound frustrating and expensive. I am not surprised you seem happy to see it go.

OTOH, our '08 has had none of those issues (it has had others, to be sure - most notably rust) and it is soldiering on well past 150k miles. I do expect to send it off to another life after this winter though.

FWIW, my two worst vehicle experiences were Nissan and Volvo and nobobdy I know who owns a BMW boasts about reliability or low maintenance costs. Ditto the myriad of my colleagues who own MBs - including E and S Class sedans. Everybody has their own experience and makes up their mind based on that experience and that makes perfect sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts