Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was wondering i know that i have heard some things about some tires are not good with the shimmy in these cars
I was wondering
is a Michelan Symmetry a good tire or is that one of the ones i should stay away from ?
Thanks

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
I have the Symmetry's on my 02 Deville and the Harmony's on on my 00 Deville. The Michelin Symmetry is a good choice but I would spend a few more dollars and go with the Michelin Harmony's the ride & tread life is a little better. You can read reviews on both tires at TireRack.com

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Symmetry's on my 02 Deville and the Harmony's on on my 00 Deville. The Michelin Symmetry is a good choice but I would spend a few more dollars and go with the Michelin Harmony's the ride & tread life is a little better. You can read reviews on both tires at TireRack.com
the reason i was asking about the symetry is becouse there is a used tire shop not far form me they have 2 sets of symetry off the same cars
they want 50 a peace for one set of 4 and the other set of four they want 60 each they say that the tread is like 9 plus on them i think wich is good
i cant afrod to spend 120 a tire or more for tires right now so i was lookign for a good set of used ones

they also have a set of Kuhmo sholus i think that is the name of them are those any good

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Symmetry's come as OEM equipment of quite a few Caddie's they are a pretty good tire. New they have 10/32" tread on them and are supposed to last 65,000 miles I have gotten 45,000 to 50,000 out of them but I'm a little hard on them. :D

If they really have 9/32" of tread left on them that seems like a steal at $50.
I would go with the Michelin's over the Kuhmo sholus the Symmetry run $105 new vs $73 new for the Kuhmo sholus. You can't go wrong with a Michelin.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,024 Posts
Michelin over Kumho any day.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got to the place today and the guy told me the wrong size the size of these tires are 225-60-16
i gave him 50 to hold them for me

untill i find out

just wanted to check with someone who is not seling the tires if i have 235 60 16

what if i put 225 on them will that be ok
or will that throw off the car ?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,024 Posts
Look at the driver's door sticker for the original tire size. If you have the original wheels on the car, the original tire size is the only one that will work well.

If you have aftermarket wheels, then you have to match the outside tire diameter of the replacement tires to the outside diameter of the original tire to avoid engine, transmission, and speedo errors in shift and speed inputs.

Use the tire sizing specs in www.tirerack.com for reference.

235 is the section width in mm, 60 is the sidewall height % of section width, and 16 is the tire bead (rim) diameter in inches.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at the driver's door sticker for the original tire size. If you have the original wheels on the car, the original tire size is the only one that will work well.

If you have aftermarket wheels, then you have to match the outside tire diameter of the replacement tires to the outside diameter of the original tire to avoid engine, transmission, and speedo errors in shift and speed inputs.

Use the tire sizing specs in www.tirerack.com for reference.

235 is the section width in mm, 60 is the sidewall height % of section width, and 16 is the tire bead (rim) diameter in inches.
235 is what i have on there now and that is what the sticker on the door says
the tire guy is trieing to tell me that
he has seen STS with 225 and sls with 235 and he has sene vise versa also
so i should not use the 225 only the 235 you say is that right

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Just because this used tire salesman has seen the wrong size tires on cars before doesn't make it right. A lot of the bigger chain tire stores will only install the tire size that's on the door label.

The correct tire size for your Seville is 235/60-16 if you go with the 225's it's not a huge deal but since its a smaller tire your speedometer will read incorrectly along with the other items that Sub mentioned.

225/60-16 = 26.5" in diameter = 780 revolutions per mile

235/60-16 = 27" in diameter = 766 revolutions per mile

·
Registered
Cadillac 2002 Seville SLS
14 Posts
'02 sls - i got some michelin hyrdro edge tires this past winter & i couldn't of asked for anything better. My car goes thru snow like a snow truck here in chicago. Every single person that went in my car this winter was surprised i was going 60mph on the expressway with feet of snow falling. When its not snowing, it feels like your just gliding and there is virtually no sound from the tires. Would recommend to every cady owner!!!

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok cool going to get my money back tomorrow looks like i might end up having to go with 2 knew humos off ebay for like 125 to last threw the summer becouse id ont have 400 plus to spend on tires right now and i need atleast 2 knew ones on the front and a plug on one of the back ones

1 - 11 of 11 Posts