Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that forums like this tend to attract us when we have issues about our cars and we seek answers....that's normal. However, i thought I'd start a thread that sticks to the positive......what is it that impresses you? Seems better than any previous vehicle you owned? Works as advertised? Exceeds your expectations? I'll start it off......

The Kona leather interior, fit and finish.....is BETTER than my 3 previous Mercedes GL's with leather.
The CUE system is WAY BETTER than the Mercedes Nav/Sound system

·
Registered
2015 cadillac esv premium
41 Posts
I agree, the KONA leather interior with the Burled natural wood takes my breath away everytime I sit down in the truck. Cadillac truly knocked it out of the park this time!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
I liked the kona interior as well when it was first introduced. But was glad I got the black on black interior. It's all alcantara treatment everywhere including the ceiling. It reminds me of my friends Lamborghini gallardo supertrofeo, Lamborghini murcielago SV superveloce, Ferrari scuderia 16M and GTB which all come in alcantara leather.

I like the CUE's easy use but it doesn't have Internet access like the MB. But the onstar and app and touch screen is very useful vs MB dial controller. I'm glad they went with the two speed transfercase.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
388 Posts
Yes I love my kona leather, it is like paying two thousand dollars for the great smell inside the truck too. I hope it never goes away!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scary thing about this post i started is that there have been over 200 views and ONLY 3 responses ....!

·
Registered
None
226 Posts
I've had my WD ESV 4WD with the kona brown since last July almost 11,000 miles on it I love it in every way . My only gripe is I couldn't wait till the platinum came out . Even though I got the premium with the auto fold running boards I got it with every single option they had at that time. But I guess I will wait till the next update then I'll trade it in .

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
We have had our 2015i Gold Platinum 4WD ESV with Tuscan Brown Interior for about 10 weeks.
Luckily, it has none of the serious problems reported.

This is the first Modern American Car with real wood Like our 2014 Mercedes.
(Note that real wood was more common in early days of cars and trucks more for practical reasons than for decorations).

And the 2015i Cadillac Escalade Platinum is the first generation of American cars with full leather seats and interior not just seat surfaces. Full leather is in the Platinum full Tuscan Brown leather, full Jet Black leather and extra charge on non Platinum Models for full Kona leather.

Our car has some extras that I love like the seat massager, cooler, almost as much space as our minivan had.

We really like the strong feel of the truck and my wife loves the higher seat position of the truck.
All the safety gadgets are a great plus.
It is a beast to park in what now seem like tiny concrete garage parking places that seemed more than ample for our Mercedes.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have had our 2015i Gold Platinum 4WD ESV with Tuscan Brown Interior for about 10 weeks.
Luckily, it has none of the serious problems reported.

This is the first Modern American Car with real wood Like our 2014 Mercedes.
(Note that real wood was more common in early days of cars and trucks more for practical reasons than for decorations).

And the 2015i Cadillac Escalade Platinum is the first generation of American cars with full leather seats and interior not just seat surfaces. Full leather is in the Platinum full Tuscan Brown leather, full Jet Black leather and extra charge on non Platinum Models for full Kona leather.

Our car has some extras that I love like the seat massager, cooler, almost as much space as our minivan had.

We really like the strong feel of the truck and my wife loves the higher seat position of the truck.
All the safety gadgets are a great plus.
It is a beast to park in what now seem like tiny concrete garage parking places that seemed more than ample for our Mercedes.

Yes! and I find the wood a tad "richer" in grain and finish than what was in my Mercedes!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I traded my premium for a WD ESV platinum with Tuscan leather interior. No issues here to report and loving everything about the vehicle. I am sorry to read some of the issues owners are having but I'm sure there are more happy Escalade owners since the dealers can't seem to keep them on the lot for long.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
It is amazing.
And great for Cadillac.

They come in and are sold as fast as my dealer gets them.
I do not know how long this will continue, but the long wait for 2015's and 2015i's has made people very hungry to by whatever is in stock or available.

I do not think Cadillac is rushing to start work on the 2016's until they fill all the current demand for 2015i's.
When they start backing up on dealers lots, then they will start on 2016's.

Or at some point they will just start calling them 2016's when all the 2015i's bugs are fixed.
I am guessing that you will need a magnifying glass to tell the 2015i's from the 2016's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the forum but just purchased 5th Escalade. Though I wasn't really excited about the square body style the interior upgrades had me sold. Just under 1000 miles and loving every minute. Our baby is Crystal Red 2015i Premium. Actually went in for an oil change for our 2012 and ended up with a new car! It was meant to be as the dealer was just bringing up several Escalades used at Doral Golf Open. All Black or White and one red, same as my 2012. It's amazing how many people comment on the beauty of this vehicle or just get caught staring.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New to the forum but just purchased 5th Escalade. Though I wasn't really excited about the square body style the interior upgrades had me sold. Just under 1000 miles and loving every minute. Our baby is Crystal Red 2015i Premium. Actually went in for an oil change for our 2012 and ended up with a new car! It was meant to be as the dealer was just bringing up several Escalades used at Doral Golf Open. All Black or White and one red, same as my 2012. It's amazing how many people comment on the beauty of this vehicle or just get caught staring.
It IS an impressive looking machine ( if what you want is an SUV ) ....and the interior is 2nd to none!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV
43 Posts
The adaptive cruise happens to work quite well and I never use cruise control.

I also love the digital dashboard. Tres cool.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts