Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my White Diamond Deville DHS burned pretty bad due to someone else's vehicle next to mine in a parking lot catching fire and blowing up. I have been reading up on the White Diamond paint jobs and want to avoid some shops that will not do it right. I would appreciate any advice or recommendations for a good and honest paint shop that could actually repaint the damaged part of the car properly. The paint is not melted (though the bumper is melted on the drivers side, which is the side next to the burning vehicle), but the paint is yellowed on 3/4ths of the vehicle. The passenger side looks fine as far as I can tell, but it was on the opposite side of the fire and blast. Even my stupid Onstar antenna is burned down to the primer (it was on the passenger side of the vehicle). I believe I may have some glass damage because lots of stuff flew off the vehicle onto my car. Thankfully my car did not decide to burn like the vehicle next to it. :)

Another question, since the fire, which occurred yesterday, my vehicle now drives "bumpy" and bounces after the fire. The tires look alright, but something is wrong. It does not have that Cadillac feel any longer. Does anyone know of anything that could have been damaged in the tire area by the heat of the fire, though not actually burned itself? I have racked my brain for explanations for the weird drive since there is no burns or real melting that I can tell on the tires. I thought maybe the heat may have expanded the tire pressure and maybe stretched out or damaged the tire internally (though I am not sure this is probable). I also thought that the shocks might have been damaged from the heat.

I do apologize for the long post, but I have received lots of great information searching these forums since I got my Caddy, and know someone here will be well informed and help me avoid bad auto body shops thus keeping me from getting a poor paint job and missing potential problems that the fire could have caused (that might be missed by the claim adjuster).

·
Registered
1998 sedan deville
38 Posts
my first thought on the bumby ride is double check your tires due to the heat of the fire they could be out of shape and also check your struts.. i would recommend taking the car to a caddy dealer i took mine and you cant even tell where the jerk hit me... be careful driving on those tires that where in the fire there could be a bubble inside the tread and you could have a blow out,,,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts