Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
01 deville
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i came across a 1998 base Deville, Exelent condition, with 160K miles, he said its mostly highway miles, and it has been maintained to the fullest. is $4000 a good or bad deal. the car is in near perfect shape, no rips, just minor dents. does 160K miles seem alot for a northstar

·
Registered
97 Deville
93 Posts
Well in my opinion it's not a good deal but it's not bad either if you could and have the time i would look around and see if you can find something with less miles but if you do buy this 98 deville i would make sure that he has some proof of maintenance records because a lot of people will say it has been serviced to the fullest but wont have any records. I don't keep any records but the reason i'm telling you this is because with 160k if it hasn't been well maintained you better have a good amount of money to keep it running. I'm not trying to scare you or anything because they are great cars they can piss you off sometimes but they are great cars. I don't know what state you live in but i would look around i bought a base 97 deville with 88,000 2 years ago and no problems so far besides an a/c recharge and i just hit 98,000 yesterday afternoon i paid $5000 for mine. But it doesnt seem like a bad deal but i would just try and see if he has any records or maintenance.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
If he can't produce the service records for a "well maintained" car, walk away. Usually people that are religious with maintainence will keep any and all records to prove that the services were performed. And I'm pretty sure that anyone trying to sell a high mileage car will tell you they are highway miles, even if they werent. $4000, at least in my opinion, is waaaay too much for a 10 year old deville with such high mileage. It should be easy to find a car with less than 100,000 miles, for that price. Now that said, if he shows you what he has replaced and what services he has had done, I would offer $3000. Remember 160,000 miles is alot, and parts, no matter how well maintained, wear out over time, and with a caddy, they aren't cheap to fix.

D

·
0 Posts
As previously stated, no matter what, get the price down, that is too much money for a 160k mile car. Also ask to see if the car possibly had head gaskets done and timeserted, if so, it would be a good thing. Good luck.:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts