Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you may remember my lamenting recently about the carb on my 87 brougham... :want:

After installing a new carb it was running again but was running way too rich and Check engine light was coming on. I couldn't manage to fix it for the life of me so I just figured I'd drive it like that and F the codes...

Well, I took it in for inspection yesterday fearing it wouldn't pass for many reasons...mostly suspension/steering related stuff. I plan on redoing a lot of it this summer...

Well anyways, I get a call from the garage letting me know the car passed inspection :highfive: AND the guy said to me "I also noticed it's running very rich. I could tune the carb for you if you'd like."

:eek: A garage willing to work on carbs? CRAZY! but ok...I told him to go for it...Brought of my old carb incase he needed to pull any parts off, good thing I did.

He replaced the TPS with the one from my old carb, tuned the MC and TPS...cleared the codes...car now runs great!

WOOO! :highfive:

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Congrats! It's great when things just fall into place.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, and most of all I like not eating through a whole tank of gas in under a week! ;)

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
^... or a month.

It's strange how sometimes you find help in the most unlikely places.

·
Registered
89 Brougham, 98 Deville, 04 DTS, 05 Deville
233 Posts
Many of you may remember my lamenting recently about the carb on my 87 brougham... :want:

After installing a new carb it was running again but was running way too rich and Check engine light was coming on. I couldn't manage to fix it for the life of me so I just figured I'd drive it like that and F the codes...

Well, I took it in for inspection yesterday fearing it wouldn't pass for many reasons...mostly suspension/steering related stuff. I plan on redoing a lot of it this summer...

Well anyways, I get a call from the garage letting me know the car passed inspection :highfive: AND the guy said to me "I also noticed it's running very rich. I could tune the carb for you if you'd like."

:eek: A garage willing to work on carbs? CRAZY! but ok...I told him to go for it...Brought of my old carb incase he needed to pull any parts off, good thing I did.

He replaced the TPS with the one from my old carb, tuned the MC and TPS...cleared the codes...car now runs great!

WOOO! :highfive:
Glad to hear you got the carb all fixed up. so did you find yourself a new garage/mechanic lol? let us kno what mileage you get now

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, now if there's anything I can't handle myself I'll take it to them!

I'll definitely let you know what my MPG is once I figure it out :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts