Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cnn.com/2007/AUTOS/06/06/jdpa_quality/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

All three of Ford's U.S.-based brands - Ford, Lincoln and Mercury - earned above-average marks for quality. Ford's European luxury car brand Jaguar ranked sixth, tying with Toyota's Toyota brand.

No GM brands earned above-average scores in the survey. GM's best-ranking brand was Buick with 127 problems per 100 vehicles, a score that placed it just below average.

The highest ranking brand from DaimlerChrysler's U.S.-based division, the Chrysler Group, was Chrysler. Chrysler had 151 problems per 100 vehicles, placing it well below average.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
I knew those new models were gonna do well. The Mark LT took me for a surprise thou.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Mark LT took me for a surprise thou.
Yep, that was the last one I expected too.

I was surprised at how poorly Chrysler scored, although I've been saying it for years. They do well with new ideas and good looks, but the execution is always lacking.

I think I'm in "Ford mode" for the next 10-15 years. I have a very good friend who is part owner of the Ford dealership closest to me. Until he retires I'll probably stick with them. They have a new X-over coming out next fall called the "Flex." Very intriguing to me.

But I'll never stop loving Cadillacs.

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
I never expected a Kia to be in the top of anything.

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
:yeah: Agreed. We own an '04 F150 and it has been trouble-free since we took delivery. I owned a 2000 Lincoln LS that never had an issue. I would definitely buy Ford again. Chrysler has been plagued with poor execution FOR-EVAR; I had high hopes when they merged w/Daimler but meh.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
These JD power reports are so hit and miss I tend not to trust them. Just last year or 2 years ago Cadillac was ranked around 5th place for intial quality, Buick was 2nd place, Lexus number 1, Jaguar was at the bottom and in a year the entire thing just reversed itself?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Ok i was wrong about jag, but Cadillac, Hummer, Buick, GMC were above average back in 2005, now GM has nothing above average? I thought their stuff was getting much better?

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Can I interest anyone in a bacon Chalupa?

·
Registered
10,429 Posts

·
Registered
10,429 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
I was looking at a video about the Dodge brothers and it states that between 1903 to 1906 Dodge supplied Ford with all the parts for their cars and the only Ford parts on those cars were the wooden carriage/body and the wheels as Ford was only the assemblers of their cars.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
The MKZ also seems to be taking off in popularity around here. When I first leased mine in February, I seldom saw one on the road. Now I see 1-2 everyday and we saw 3 coming home from dinner across town last night.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Ya know, I was looking thru my '07 Ford model line brochures last night...they really have some great products on the road...Fusion, Edge, Expedition, F Series,(especially the '08 Super Duty), Mustang, etc etc. Their cars seem to have a lot more flavor and charisma than GM's competing models.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
:nanaparty: I have never had a problem with my Town Car. It's probably THE most satisfying car I've owned. It just does everything great. Can carry home 21 supermarket bags in the trunk, carry 5 people in comfort, 6 in a pinch, has the new-for-2003 suspension geometry and takes corners great, for it's size, gets 17 around town and 24 on the highway, is close to 5,000 pounds and rides like it. Every pothole feels like an acorn and bad roads seem to be repaved when driven over in the Town Car. I've had no "adjustments", problems, or recalls. I read where the Town Cars problems were 15 out of 100 cars, making the Town Car the lowest car sold here for problems. I've had none. I will possibly order a 2008, the last one, unless Ford decided to decontent it. I took mine to me dealer for routine service and they lent me a new MKZ (like putting a toy in a 9 year olds hands for a hour) ~ It was definately okay ..... but it was NO Town Car ! Road noise was presant, as was wind turbulence. I had it in the rain. I opened the trunk and lots of water came flowing in as the channels were not deep enough.

I am hoping for a "Collectors Edition" Town Car, round about next April !

'til then .....

http://images19.fotki.com/v207/photos/4/43979/179078/sandy4-vi.jpg?1124100164

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I kinda like the new Ford Fusion..... which surprises me, cause its one of those cross over things.

This Town Car is my first venture into Ford.... despite all the little odds and ends that need to be fixed, most of which is neglect from previous owners.... I think this car will treat me quite well for a long time to come... atleast thats what everyone is telling me :)

It's kinda hard for me to follow with new cars tho, cause it seems like I buy cars when they are ~10 years old... which means it'll be awhile before I am gonna be getting any of these... though who knows.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts