Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I generally never go to the dealer for service. I try to fix my own easy stuff, and go to indies for more serious work.

I also mostly buy used cars out-of-warranty.

I took my 3-week old purchase into the local dealer to have a look at a noise in the front end, seeing as I had a limited 2 month warranty from the out-of-state dealer I purchased it from.

When the Service Manager told me it was actually a CPO car with another 1.5 years (and 60k more miles) of coverage, I jaw-dropped.

Holy bonus Batman! The independent dealer I purchased it from obviously didn't do their homework. They could have gotten more cash than what I paid for it to be sure.

I'm having them go ahead and take care of a number of very minor issues while they are at it.

That's the first time I've ever come out of a dealer's service department smiling :D

·
Registered
05 STS4 1SG blue chip w/ tuscan
23 Posts
I generally never go to the dealer for service. I try to fix my own easy stuff, and go to indies for more serious work.

I also mostly buy used cars out-of-warranty.

I took my 3-week old purchase into the local dealer to have a look at a noise in the front end, seeing as I had a limited 2 month warranty from the out-of-state dealer I purchased it from.

When the Service Manager told me it was actually a CPO car with another 1.5 years (and 60k more miles) of coverage, I jaw-dropped.

Holy bonus Batman! The independent dealer I purchased it from obviously didn't do their homework. They could have gotten more cash than what I paid for it to be sure.

I'm having them go ahead and take care of a number of very minor issues while they are at it.

That's the first time I've ever come out of a dealer's service department smiling :D
Happy lil ray of light in this Domestic product of swirlin clouds:lildevil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts