Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those Birmingham tornado pics are beyond belief... It looks like Atlanta is next.

Be safe Austin and Josiah...

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Post the pics from Birmingham...

I heard Tuscaloosa was hit hard as well with twisters. I also heard that this may be the biggest 2 day tornado outbreak ever, even besting the 1974 outbreak..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Outbreak

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Post vids & pics!!!

This just looks freaky... (Tuscaloosa)

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was counting Tuscaloosa and Birmingham as the same, as they're right together.

www.foxnews.com

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
It's picking up here now, but this cell isn't supposed to be strong enough to spawn any tornadoes. Just damaging winds and some hail. A friend was just telling me on FB that the next town up the interstate, Ringgold, that's only ~10 miles from my house took a direct hit from a tornado and there's a large amount of damage.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Chattanooga got hit hard too.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Yeah. Almost all of the strong storms followed the exact same line. The places that got hit the hardest got hit multiple times. It has been crazy. Luckily most of it went North of my area, but it's a little unnerving knowing that Ringgold got hit so hard and they're really just a stone's throw from my house.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Looking at the radar on the Weather Channel, looks like north Georgia is getting pounded....hard.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
We've had tornado warnings all evening here in Central Virginia! There have been several twisters just northwest of here. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
My sister's family lives just north of Montgomery. She's in Omaha right now doing her USAF Reserve duty, but my Mom is there to take care of my 7-year-old niece and nephew, plus my brother-in-law. I grew up in Tornado Alley, and I don't miss this spring ritual one bit. Those damn things still scare the crap out of me.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Today has been EXTREMELY unusual. We rarely ever get weather like this around here because of the mountains. Severe weather is one thing, but tornadoes?

I hope it has weakened by the time it really gets you you orconn.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
this is ridonkulous. Just had a tornado a little over a week ago at home, on my only day off, now theres a tornado warning here in lumberton at work! wtf! (warning is the one where a tornado has been spotted right?)

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Warning means conditions are favorable. Watch means one has been spotted on the ground.

·
Registered
14,333 Posts
I was counting Tuscaloosa and Birmingham as the same, as they're right together.
I read that it was the same tornado that hit both. Spent 22 minutes blasting Tuscaloosa to smithereens.

·
Registered
14,333 Posts
^^^ Blame it on dyslexia. :sneaky:

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Warning means conditions are favorable. Watch means one has been spotted on the ground.
Unless you're just being sarcastic, you have that backwards...

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to gang you after Gary already did...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts