Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had to drop teh damn exhaust as well as the center diff brace to get the exhaust low enough so i coudl access the plug to put in diff fluid, i was using some longer 10mm bit so it made it more difficult to get to the side plug.

got some royal purple with the lsd additive already so should be set for a while now! :alchi:

· crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,807 Posts
had to drop teh damn exhaust as well as the center diff brace to get the exhaust low enough so i coudl access the plug to put in diff fluid, i was using some longer 10mm bit so it made it more difficult to get to the side plug.

got some royal purple with the lsd additive already so should be set for a while now! :alchi:
What????? 15 minutes tops to change rear diff fluid...dont need to remove all that shit. Ive done it 4-5 times now....no issue and I have a Corsa to boot.

F

· Registered
05' CTS-V
3,724 Posts
hex key?? If I remember correctly it's just a 3/8 drive wrench, shove your ratchet in there and your done....took me 3-4min to get it in the air 1-2min to drop the oil, and another 10 to fill it again...(gotta get a better pump) either way...one of the easiest jobs I've done....I'm used to pulling the cover and scraping gaskets.....might wanna get some new tools ;)

· Cadillac Technician
none
11,053 Posts
I have a fluid pump that I use in concert with a cleaned out antifreeze jug.
Works great, mostly.
It costs like 6 bucks.
I'll try to find a link later and post it.
I can't remember the brand, and I can never find it online without the brand name.

· Cadillac Technician
none
11,053 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.