Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
Doesn't seem like the miles should be a factor...they would almost have to be mostly highway miles.

·
Registered
Cadillac 98sls
205 Posts
I would pull the codes and see whats going on with the car and check history codes and see whats going on with the car.are post them the guys will tell you whats they mean.

·
Registered
99 STS
269 Posts
Car looks like it was recently detailed haha, but other than that i would say its solid, altho the miles seem a little excessive, in fact the only thing more excessive than the miles is the price they are asking... You should make your starting point 5 and work up from there.

Adam

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
At that mileage I would want to see maintenance records. Although if it was going to eat the HGs it should have done it by now - not to say it won't happen after that many miles either. Also need to take it for a good ride to check out the suspension - another big $$ hole if there's a problem.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
If you keep looking, you can find a SDV or an SLS with 50,000 miles or less, and one owner.

Almost impossible to locate an STS with low miles.

I would not buy it because of expense potential--engine ($5k), struts ($600 each), active suspension (big $$), etc.

Very complicated and technical car.

It will eat your lunch in 6 months if you have any of the typical problems.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Those miles are not bad for the year, if you can get it for 6000.00 Id say go ahead. Make sure the coolant was done in 2004 and then do it again now just to be safe.

As Z06 said, be aware your going to see a few morre maintenance issues at those miles.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 2007 STS
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking the same thing i paid about the same price for my 97STS and it had 114k in miles. 1st year i replaced water pump alternator ac compressor and HGs at 148k. was looking to trade mine in before my 12k warranty is up. dont wanna go through the same issues again at least with my car i know the engine situation so for so good on the suspension though. really don't want an SLS but they seem the only ones i can fine with low mileage and good prices. gotta have the wood grain shifter and sunroof that right there eliminated the majority of the cars i've seen especially with the STS. thanks for the input

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
The wood shifter knob can be had on eBay for about $50. So, you should concentrate on finding a moonroof car. Those can be hard to find, which I find strange for a luxury car. Just try to find a Lexus without a moon roof.

·
Registered
95 aurora + 97 seville sls
23 Posts
maintenance is everything on these cars. If the car was maintained it should be fine. If not it would be a major money pit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts