Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Eldorado Etc
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about turning out more horsepower in my eldorado. I'm curious if there any any known crate engines..prices and places to get them from

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,106 Posts
Do a LOT of homework here and in Northstar performance.

NO - A new GM Northstar long block rebuild for your car, stock in a crate, is about $4,800. There are no performance options available for a FWD Northstar. One company, CHRFAB, makes sand rail Northstars, but that application is far removed from a FWD daily driver Eldo. Your engine is different from the later 2000+ and unless you replace the entire drivetrain and rewire the front end, no swaps, either. No other GM engine will drop in.

As I posted, do some homework BEFORE you start throwing away money on so-called CAI's and filters, mufflers, and such.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,106 Posts
Yeah............But don't get me wrong: I'm not dissing you for wanting to try modifications and upgrades. Even now I'll try just about anything, because it's educational and fun, BUT, look before you leap. Back in the Dark Ages we didn't have the Internet for instant answers - the pros and cons came from a small circle of local modders and racers, the telephone, and magazines. We all spent a lot of money and broke a lot of good engines and cars in the process.

Someday I'll tell you about the snot-nosed kid who built a gorgeous B-block Flathead. Tricked to the N-th degree. Started it up and it blew instantly: There was a loose 9/16" nut lying in the bottom of one cylinder, and.........................

·
Registered
Eldorado Etc
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha yea I just wanna beat these lil rich pricks who drive there daddys g37s around or there mommys s550 lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts