Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What determines whether the early models got the gold or chrome emblems? Was it just an option or did it signify something? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
'05 ESV Platinum, 250,000 still looking fine, really fine!
1,119 Posts
Gold was not a factory option. Different owners would have a vendor apply gold to the emblems. Was really big early mid 2000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't buy mine new (2010) but it had letters on both front doors and emblems front and rear were gold when I got it. I thought they were factory. Thanks for the reply! I added an E&G gold vertical grille and gold door handles and I like it. The handles were from a Hummer and fit perfect.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
413 Posts
You have to remember; the original owners of these vehicles had some additional discretionary income and money was given away to anyone who had a pulse. So add-ons like $1000 grilles, custom stereos, and emblem "upgrades" were the norm. Original owner of my ESV had LCD screens installed in the head rests. Whoever did the work did a great job, as I thought it was factory initially. Someone spent some money on those headrests.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tokuzumi, I wish the guy who owned yours owned mine as well, that sounds like a neat upgrade! LOL! I didn't think about that but I'm sure you are right. I had a little extra cash when I bought mine so I removed the perfect grey interior and had it covered with Louis Vuitton grey that looks amazing in my opinion. Too bad I no longer have that cash cushion to do more because this is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned!

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,088 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get chrome or gold emblems that say BASE or SHORTY?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts