Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08) 1981 F100 '03FXDL
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '87 Coupe has chrome wreathes encircling the Cadillac crests. I've seen other '87 coupes with gold wreathes. Scribed emblems the same; some chrome, some gold. The canvas convertible top, that blew off last year, had gold wreathes on the pillar posts. Recently I saw and exact duplicate of my car, in a different color only, with gold wreathes and scribed emblems. This '87 coupe also sported the Classic accessory packages as does mine.
I'm curious if the gold was an option, over and above the Classic package?
Thanks
Dave

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,996 Posts
I think the "gold package" was a dealer added option.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
The classic package? As in the different grille and/or emblems that say "Classic Deville"?

That's aftermarket.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,131 Posts
Look at the eBay store for BiggDaddyCaddy. Google it. Real Cadillac stuff, located in NJ.

·
Registered
'87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08) 1981 F100 '03FXDL
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look at the eBay store for BiggDaddyCaddy. Google it. Real Cadillac stuff, located in NJ.
Thanks. I did. Crumba! Pricey pieces. I can only imagine what the dealer charged for them in '87.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
gold emblems was optional but there were more cars around that had gold plating done to them after the car was ordered then what came with that option and it was something very common to do on cars that had the cloth roof or grille treatment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts