Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian dollar is doing much better against the US dollar again(or the American dollar is falling) so I'm going to take advantage of it, there is a company here that imports vehicles from the states, they do all the paper work and get them shipped here. so i got them to find me a V, preferably an 06, but an 05 will do for the right price.
i'm going to buy the car, then swap some of my existing parts from my cts, then sell my cts. i love my car but i'm bored with it, no more up grades that i want to sink into it knowing i will buy a V. may end up having some spare parts when it goes.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
congrats Tommy...just dont forget about us little people....lol

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R u selling ur power dome hood? If so im interested!!
no sorry that's going on the V

how much will you get the V for?
not sure depends what they find, they generally look in auctions and scope dealerships. i'm thinking 20 to low 20's u.s.

just dont forget about us little people....
don't worry i would never, i'll still come around here foresure.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS V6 2.6 (LY9)
81 Posts
I would recommend you to buy a 2006/07 V instead a 2005, the new engine and some other improvements (suspension especially) made the car much better.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya the engine is different, the same specs stock but the ls2 can have more potential, that's why i would prefer the 06, but the difference isn't that great to put me off from the ls6. the suspension is the same, other than in the 06 they addressed the differential/ wheel hop issue, also things i can address myself if i get an 05. If an 06 is only a couple K more i'll defenitely spring for it.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Keep me posted if you find a company that does that import for you...I was thinking the exact same thing actually, I was even thinking about just going hunting myself and bringing it in, but I have to find out the details how.
I'm happy with my cts but I love getting new cars and I've been wanting one for a while.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Where is that areacode?

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
manitoba, on their website they have a toll free number.
man he has sweet cars at his showroom, i don't know what model benz coupe he had there but it was sweet. my girlfriend bought a car from them and when she was there they had a ford shelby they brought in for someone.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Congrats Tommy. On the choice... Show the pics when you found one!

Oh, I whish I could go V. But the wifey thought it was not a good idea now we have a baby.
Maybe in 20 years or so...

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys, as soon as they find me one i like i'm ordering lower springs before it even ships. probably rims too, but man are the pickings slim.

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
Good luck finding the V you want.

And Yeah, Don't get concerned about the difference from '05 to '06 , The changes they made didn't help the wheel hop any.
So whatever is the best deal go for it & Look forward to seeing you in the V forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts