Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A customer wants to make is 6l90e auto trans alot tougher, so i will be tearing his trans apart and puting in custom shafts, parts, and alot better clutches. Ill film the whole procedure for those that want to do the same for themselves. Some special tools are required though, but still for the die hard guys like myself that want to make a tough one, it should help you out.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
70% more clutch apply area, 70% stronger metal parts, ect.. so should be pretty nice.

·
Registered
cts-v
204 Posts
A customer wants to make is 6l90e auto trans alot tougher, so i will be tearing his trans apart and puting in custom shafts, parts, and alot better clutches. Ill film the whole procedure for those that want to do the same for themselves. Some special tools are required though, but still for the die hard guys like myself that want to make a tough one, it should help you out.
Good luck. I hope it works out. I have been looking for something to do about mine but haven't seen a better built one than my stock one. I have seen a couple of built ones fail. From different builders to. That scares me the most. I hope you figure it out. I will be seeing a Rossler unit get put to the test real soon in a friends 427 warhawk twin 67mm Cts-v. Can't wait!?

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
Good luck. I hope it works out. I have been looking for something to do about mine but haven't seen a better built one than my stock one. I have seen a couple of built ones fail. From different builders to. That scares me the most. I hope you figure it out. I will be seeing a Rossler unit get put to the test real soon in a friends 427 warhawk twin 67mm Cts-v. Can't wait!?
have you tried circle D? Mike (g-force) has has some serious power c6's use their's and no issues.....

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
1,729 Posts
I hope the 6L90E is much stronger/better than the 4L60E I had in my camaro. I had nothing but problems with that tranny from the first rebuild. No one could get it right including a well known race transmission shop. I'm hoping someone has the solution when the time comes for me. :crossing fingers:

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
after talking with circle d i really think they can do a good job. They have had a LOT of succes down here in motor city. Your nobody if your not 1000+ to the ground and lots of those are in a circle D built tranny.

·
Registered
cts-v
204 Posts
have you tried circle D? Mike (g-force) has has some serious power c6's use their's and no issues.....[/QU

I was going to use them but then found out of a c6 they did that the trans didnt last a month and it was no where near the a 9sec 4475lbs car. I have spoken to them and wasn't convinced they couldn't tell me of a car in my weight class Camaro or Cts-v that was close to mine with there trans. I didnt want to here about how much power it made on the dyno I wanted to hear E.T's at the track and compare the cars to mine. Trans don't usaully break on the dyno. A c6 could be about 1200lbs lighter than a Cts-v. How fast are Gforce Mike's c6's?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It will work. Programming is 100% of the issue with making a transmission hold the extra power. If not set up correctly even the strongest trans will die.

Just like all the people killing thier torque converters that are aftermarket. The transmission computer is smart but has alot of rules. Those rules are set to help factory setups not aftermarket.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
70% more clutch apply area, 70% stronger metal parts, ect.. so should be pretty nice.
Gonna make that 6th gear clutch basket stronger so the auto can not only be quicker than the manual, but as fast as well?

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
have you tried circle D? Mike (g-force) has has some serious power c6's use their's and no issues.....[/QU

I was going to use them but then found out of a c6 they did that the trans didnt last a month and it was no where near the a 9sec 4475lbs car. I have spoken to them and wasn't convinced they couldn't tell me of a car in my weight class Camaro or Cts-v that was close to mine with there trans. I didnt want to here about how much power it made on the dyno I wanted to hear E.T's at the track and compare the cars to mine. Trans don't usaully break on the dyno. A c6 could be about 1200lbs lighter than a Cts-v. How fast are Gforce Mike's c6's?
Not sure if any of his z's have gone to the track. They have the hp for 9's and 8's but again not sure they ever take it to the track. Most people around h-town just look for king of the street status.

Interesting to know that about circle D. They just rebuilt a customer of g-force's tranny and he was at 560 rwhp, and mike is taking his there he said and he is pushing 629 rwhp Guess we will see how their builds last....

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
maybe someone can chime in here (Jesse) but if your gonna rebuild the tranny, is it possible to make the 6th gear (taller I think) so the rpm's would drop down to say oh IDK, like 1500 rpm like they were in my z06 before I made it an auto? I know my z got such awesome mileage crusing around at 75 at 1500ish rpms....

I was just curious is all. If I'm going to get mine rebuilt (since GM says nothing is wrong with it) I was curious if I could make it more efficient as well. Sure would be sweet to cruise around at 80mpg at 1600 rpm's... It's not like I ever use 6th gear for racing or anything....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts