Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i think im going to order this kit for Cooling the seats it also has the heat seat option in it also
so what would i need to do will this work with the seville wich already has heated seats
so anyone done this before put cooled seats in ?
how did it work out for you

i guess i just have to take the heat pad out of the seat and heat components out and replace it with this unit and parts
but is the heat option built into anything els ? will i loose anything els when removing the factory heat option ?

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/seatvenheats.html

·
Registered
2000 STS, W/Nav
562 Posts
hmm.. well if your heated seats are operational still I would just get the cooled kit and install that because the OEM heated seats are built into the leather stitching so you could just use this as a add on, but if your heated seats dont work anymore then i would go with the kit seems ok although im a bit skeptical about the fans they look like computer fans.. otherwise go for it I cant imagine you would hurt a whole lot doing this..

·
Registered
2000 STS, W/Nav
562 Posts
I reread your post no you wont loose anything else from your car except your heated seat buttons will be inoperable, but as i said the heated seats are built in from the factory at least 00 and before that are.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thout thaat kit was all in one how does if i put the cooled seat kit pad under the heat seat pad ?
does it get cool enough to heat if its going to be layered over each other that i am confused about
i thout this kit had it all in one pad maybe i read it wrong

·
Registered
2000 STS, W/Nav
562 Posts
well the kit said you buy the heated as an add on 75 bucks, i would just get the cooled kit and install it under your seats and leave the factory heated alone because thats not realy a pad its more of just wires running through the leather

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah ok cool
i did not know that then thats what i do
i hope tht leather and and heater wires and stuff wont be in the way of the cooling part working
im going to pick up a new drivers seat next month also form a junk yard cause the lumbar frame is cracked and back of seat is missing
so im going to have it out of the car and set it up before i put it in

·
Registered
2000 STS, W/Nav
562 Posts
yeah thats a good idea the seats are a pita to get out i put a new heating element in my seat but yeah keep us posted if it works i might do the same some day

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thats a good idea the seats are a pita to get out i put a new heating element in my seat but yeah keep us posted if it works i might do the same some day
i figure i just need the one side
why let others be in luxury LOL im the driver i am the one that needs to feel good LOL

·
Registered
2000 STS, W/Nav
562 Posts
LOL!!! well i got my car and both the front heated elements were out so i just replaced my side the passengers dont need to be comfortable anyways they always kick and break my garbage can :p

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL!!! well i got my car and both the front heated elements were out so i just replaced my side the passengers dont need to be comfortable anyways they always kick and break my garbage can :p
hey now thats not fiar you have the trash bin in the front passanger foot well ?
damm i want one of those now i might be perswaded to trade for that perhaps lol let me think about it
oh wait first what color is yours that doenst matter could have it painted but let me think if you want to trade a nav dvd for the trash bin i might be willing to go for it perhaps

·
Registered
2002 Seville Touring Sedan
70 Posts
I might look into this as well since when I got my car neither of the seat heaters worked. I have been reading that the $$ and effort to replace them is not worth the lack of reliabilty... Don't know how true it is, but when I had to fix the lumbar in my '94 sts, it was such a pain to do, but when I was able to finally drive without a phonebook behind my lower back, it was all worth it. Winter without heated seats is a pain, but I have lived with it before. I guess I'll check out how much work it is to do the OEM replacement or this. I do know that I am sick of seeing those two heated seat buttons mocking me when it's cold, just sitting there, all lit up and ready to be pushed, just to do nothing but say "hi" & "lo".

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol mocking you ya you go thtat right thats funny i had my dad say just that a few years ago to me about my Acura TL i had a 2003 TL model and the heates seats never worekd from the day i bought it and dad would just say shit like it's mocking him lol

yeah winter without heat that no way i couldn't do that
even my Jimmy it was a 97 SLE 4 door 4x4 i took the seats out of a 2001 trail blazer leather and heated oh man those where by hand down the best seats i ever had i think lol

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
$$$ to fix a heated seat? Yeah, if you bring it to the stealership. By the elements from GMPD for like $40/each and then proceed to find a local upholstery shop. Willing to bet you could fix both seats for less than $350 including parts and labor. Local shop around here charged me $80/seat to put in elements I provided.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alot of ppl don't realize you can take your seat problems to the Body shop at the dealerships
they only charge like around 46-48 dollars and hour for work atleast at the ones near me
alot of time i take my car in to the dealer i go right to the body shop for my estimate the body shop is run by someone els usualy diferent then the one who runs the service department and for some things the body shop can take care of for you i have found this out int he past i had the body shop change the airbag in my old lincoln ones when it needed to be services also had a body shop change the break pads for me ones at the dealership the only part of the dealer that is a stealership besides sales is service but body and collision can do some things also and they are not rip offs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts