Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
None
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to look at 2 CTS-Vs with reasonable miles on them tomorrow (2/19). One is an automatic with most options and recaros as well. The other is a manual with all of the same options but minus the recaros.

Anything I should specifically ask or check out? Both are certified preowned cars.

I love a manual car and all of my cars have been manual. If I opt for the manual am I going to miss the recaros? (for those that have been in the same boat)?

If you were in my shoes .. which would you get and why?

Thanks,
Crowley

·
Registered
2009 CTSV, silver, manual
213 Posts
Why not get what you want - manual and Recaros? They are out there. I'm getting closer to selling my manual, Recaro, NAV, 09, 11k miles, with B&B and CAI, $49k.
Also, I love the Recaros and highly recommend them.

·
Registered
(V)icious Coupe
709 Posts
Welcome Crowley, seen ya on the Camaro forum. I hope you get what you really want at a good price. I would check for the problem areas our cars have. Test drive and listen to the wheels, some have a clicking noise, also listen to the sunroof, if it has one of course, and see if it is creaking. These are some of the common complaints.

B

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Do I prefer the recaros? I suppose. Would I pass on a CTS-V solely because the car didn't have it? Absolutely not.

It just depends on your preference. For me, it's not a deal killer at all.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I would want the V loaded with recaros.

Drive the non recaros first, then sit in the recaros V. You'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Yep, Recaros all the way for many logical reasons besides the cool factor..........

·
Registered
09 CTS-V, Radiant silver, Loaded, Auto
455 Posts
You buy a CTS-V because of its Bad-Assery. Recaros included. You want wimpy seats buy a base CTS. They have no place in the V. No recaros is the deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I've lived with the base seats only because when I bought, the Recaros were hard to find and you had to wait a LONG time for them (pre-GM bankruptcy). I decided I wanted the badassery (thanks, Caddyscat!) enough that I didn't want to wait for months.

Nowadays, Recaros are easy to find. I say: get the 6MT with Recaros if that's what you want, as they are much easier to find than when I bought my car.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
I've lived with the base seats only because when I bought, the Recaros were hard to find and you had to wait a LONG time for them (pre-GM bankruptcy). I decided I wanted the badassery (thanks, Caddyscat!) enough that I didn't want to wait for months.
X2 - but I'd get the Recaros now. Basic seats aren't bad as far as I'm concerned, but certainly don't provide the support that Recaros do during, "spirited", driving.

Rob

·
Registered
V2 CTSV
1,199 Posts
imho, the ctsv shouldnt be made without the recaros.

to me, they scream, "get it, sit down, shut up and hold on!"

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V Sedan W/6 speed
22 Posts
I also just stared looking for a V, I must have the 6 speed and Recaro seats. Not open for discussion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts