Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a E&G Classic Style Grille (Part# 1986-0101-06) for my 2008 Cadillac DTS. I've already looked-over the installation instructions and it doesn't look that difficult, but I wanted see if anyone has installed one of these grilles and if anyone has any tips for installation. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 DTS Platinum
56 Posts
Well you are not exactly alone...just I've never done anything like that. I see the different grills advertised and wonder how
it would actually turn out. I hope you post a few pics of your finished product, I'd really like to see them. I do wish you luck!

Dan

·
Registered
2009 DTS II
165 Posts
which is better mesh or the bars? I hate how at night teh headlights shine thru to the rad. which grill will give you the most coverage to prevent that?

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)
655 Posts
I must admit I've never seen this type of grille: I always associated the E&G grille with the mesh one. This one kinda makes the car look like a Lincoln with its "waterfall" look...

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)
655 Posts
I'm going to be in San Diego next week and I'll be looking out for this - interesting!

·
Registered
DTS
42 Posts
Looks good. I installed a replacement grill on mine a while back without instructions and can vouch that it is a bit of a headache. Luckily, it's much, much easier than changing a headlight.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@hazcaddy: Yeah, I'll be around town. Gonna try and install my 22" wheels.
@big greg: Thanks, I like it better than the mesh too.
@RubirosaGGatsby: You're brave with no instructions, I heard that headlight is a nightmare.
@Asguard726: Thanks. That new CTS looks sweet!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts