Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is my plan. Working to fix the fuel problem with the stock twin fuel pumps/ Fuel pressure controller and make it so i can go over the 590~ horsepower limit the stock fuel system has Fuel pressure duty cycle is at 100% and injectors are 118% at 598. So not good for the long haul..... After that limit is gone and i can increase fuel pressure more than what was needed to hit 598, then the Bigger crank pully goes on and i dont see any issues of hitting that goal. The tune is REALLY light on the timing so i may get froggy and max it out just to see what she can do with a little bit of racing fuel... After of coarse getting some 93octane dyno numbers....

After i hit 650 RWHP with just boost, then i will start putting boost back to stock settings and playing with L98 head and cam combos. L98s should be a cheap working replacement for our restrictive heads we have now with the swirl ports. Id say alot better than porting our stock ones and at less than a 1000 bucks a set with good valves, it seems to be a good choice for us budget guys...

As for Cams... Im going to probably try 7 profiles, from light to mighty. So that should give you guys a good idea of what can be gained and what target you guys want that will give you the gains....

Cam and head swap is a 4 hour job, So im not sure how long it will take to do all the 7 profiles and different porting numbers. But i cant see it taking me more than a few weeks total time....

·
Registered
cts v
212 Posts
you mention installing a bigger crank pulley. it seems everyone on the board has been waiting for that mod. are they available now?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Jesse,

I can't wait to see what you come up with for a head/cam car with a little extra boost.

A good set of heads is always a great way to get "free" (no reliability or drivability problems) HP and if it is only a 4 hour job, that is one easy cam swap.

I would be real interested in a mild cam/heads/boost combo that did not hurt reliability and streetability too much.

Show us the way.

Mike C

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
26 Posts
Just insane I cant wait to see the results of the H/C packages. I bet the car is going to sound nastey if you stick with your 3" exhaust and an aggressive cam. I would say 700+ rwhp is in your near future with no nitrous!

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
Just gotta give you respect. You seem to be the Chef of the 2009 V. So, you have 7 cams and are going to try them all? Thats wild! How many sets of heads or will you just clean up the stockers? Is a shop doing it or are you doing the work?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Sounds awesome. With heads/cams/etc we could probally hit 600 w/ barely any increase in boost. Although like you said fuel is an issue

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fuel is 100% the issue right now. As was with the nitrous.. It will be figured out. Just gotta get tricky..

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Wow 118%. Seems awfully high even for just fooling around.

I always though anything near 90% IDC was pushing it.

What do you consider safe for a DD?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Safe for daily driving is 80-90 % duty cycle. Anything over 100 is impossible as it means the injector is just fully open at that point.

For 90% duty cycle the fuel system is limiting the car at 580 RWHP. So any higher is potential for failure at this point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts