Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to receive and install my bb headers,bb x-pipe, rims, and rotors this weekend. Then i'm going to Vegas Monday or Tuesday. I wonder how the car is going to sound with the x-pipe and the headers with no resonators and no cats.
Does anyone know what special tools i'm going to need for the headers installation?

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
1. 13 mm "ratchet crescent" to get the old header bolts out.

2. PERCYS gaskets for the headers.

3. ARP 12 point, stainless hardware for the mounting.

4. 10 mm 12 point ratchet crescent to install the stud nuts.

5. Anti-sieze for the studs.

6. BEER

7. ADVIL

8. If you aren't happy with the gaskets, a set of the copper monsters I had made.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have similar plans this weekend. Well without the Vegas thing and I didn't get rims or rotors... But I am going to be installing B&B Headers to an XPIPE cat back with no resonators. It should sounds great! Can't wait. I don't have a tune yet to turn off the rear O2's so I will probably put the CATS in for now.

See StealthV's write up on installing headers in the CadillacFAQ. He has some good tips. Also HDMLNIUM had some tips in one of his postings. Do a search. The big thing he reccomened as I remember it was using Craftsman speed wrenches to get the manifold bolts out.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Florian said:
knuckle guards. lol
enjoy the new V!
F
Yeah, I bet lol....that's why i'm having my cousin to help since my hands are too damn big LOL.
Joey'sVee said:
Good luck with your weekend activities!!!
Thanks! I picked up some bosch plat 4 same part number like yours and was I wondering if I needed to gap them. I also picked up some magnecor plug wires but they are not coming until next week.
heavymetals said:
1. 13 mm "ratchet crescent" to get the old header bolts out.
2. PERCYS gaskets for the headers.
3. ARP 12 point, stainless hardware for the mounting.
4. 10 mm 12 point ratchet crescent to install the stud nuts.
5. Anti-sieze for the studs.
6. BEER
7. ADVIL
1. If you aren't happy with the gaskets, a set of the copper monsters I had made.
1. ok will do
2. I bought them about two weeks ago.
3. same with the studs
4. will do
5. I bought a bottle earlier today
6. not old enough lol
7. for the stress maybe lol....I'm going to be covered in gray hair by the time i'm 30 lol.
urbanski said:
remember stealthVs site has install instructions
printing out the instructions, installing rims, and rotors tomorrow. Saturday and Sunday (possibly Monday because of football LOL) installing the headers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts