Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993 DeVille 4.9L
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be Installing an Amp & Subs next week in 1993 Base Deville. Looking for help

Well, I've got two MTX 7510-04's and an Audiobahn A8000V that I used to have in my old Galant until I bought my 1993 Deville a few months ago. Best 3 grand I've ever spent, I love the 4.9! Anyway, I'm planning on installing the subs and amp next week, my friend just gave me his 4 gauge amp wires to use in the installation. Anyone here who knows a thing or two about installing amps in the 1993 Deville, could you help me out? Where is the firewall to run wires?
And how would I remove the back seats and carpet/foot guide things in order to cleanly run the wires to the trunk?

Any tips or advice you could give me is much appreciated!

·
Registered
91 sedan deville
341 Posts
Re: Going to be Installing an Amp & Subs next week in 1993 Base Deville. Looking for

Not for sure on how to do it because I took mine to a shop and had it done. But for some word of advice, I 'd advise you to get a better battery (like the optima yellow top) or a bigger alternator. On my car i go through alternators every year because of the stereo with amps and subs.

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
Re: Going to be Installing an Amp & Subs next week in 1993 Base Deville. Looking for

The back seats come out very easy. To get the bottom part out, grab underneath the seat onto the metal rod (you'll feel it) and press back and up. GIve it a pretty good push, and it'll pop right out. You'll see then how the back part goes in. Take the plastic covers off around where the seatbelt passes through them on the top piece, and unbolt the nut there. That'll come right off. Then, just unbolt the back part, and slide up, and it's out.

Brian

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Deville
29 Posts

Definitly get an optima battery. I have a red top in my 94 deville, I don't suggest a yellow top(I know it is a "DEEP CYCLING" battery), yellow tops are only warrantied for 1yr with NO PRORATION! The red tops are 3Yr with No proration! Thats everywhere! That is the new warranty with Optima! They no longer do any proration! Anyway, I would also get a capacitor. That will help your electrical system. It will at least take the stress off the accessories. I have a 1.5 Farad Cap on my 1500W JBL system(2 12's).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts