Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would one expect to pay to have a light tint (25%???) to all the windows? I have not began to shop around the $$$, just thought I would check here first. Thanks.

Craig
'99 Black on Black STS

·
Registered
2004 SLS
254 Posts
Believe it or not, I am about to leave within the hour to go have my windows tinted. Going to Ziebart in Parma. It will cost me $269.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
687 Posts
I dont think the % of tint would change the price. All %'s are one layer. I paid $250 for mine and I have a lifetime warranty against turing purple and bubbling. I think an eldo would be a little cheaper since its a 2 door though.

MacK

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
MacKiNBacK said:
I dont think the % of tint would change the price. All %'s are one layer. I paid $250 for mine and I have a lifetime warranty against turing purple and bubbling. I think an eldo would be a little cheaper since its a 2 door though.

MacK
How do you like it? I'm considering doing it to both of my cars someday. Do you have any issues at night, backing up or anything like that? I was in a friends Alero once, and i didn't realize how difficult it was to reverse in a parking lot with a tinted rear window.

Lifetime Warranty too? that's fantastic! Does Cadillac offer tinting as an option?

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
687 Posts
I like it. Though I wish I would have went darker. The place I went to only went by light, medium, dark and limo. I went light on front side, medium on rear side and dark on rear. Should have went light, dark, limo. But it does look sweet. With my tint I havent had any issued with reverse in the dark. The best part for me though is my car is pearl white with a black top. So with the windows tinted it kinda makes the whole top match. Know what I mean? Also I wish I didnt wait so long to have it tinted. Took about a year of owning till I had it done.

MacK

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
The shop I'll go to when I want tint will charge me about $100 with a lifetime warranty against bubbling and fading. That's for the ETC. I imagine the opera windows in the 75 Deville will make it cost more, that and the fact that they'll probably have to cut it by hand. They charge between $120 and $150 for most vehicles.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,384 Posts
I just got my seville done last week for $250, the eldo would be cheaper since it's less windows...I got 35% all the way around and it looks damn good, here in Minnesota none of the windows are supposed to be darker than 50% but laws are meant to be broken right :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
My son just had his 94 Seville STS tinted with 22% and it cost him $200.00 with the lifetime warrany and a one time no fault replacement which is kind of cool. No matter how it happens, they will replace a panel for free no questions asked. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts