Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
It's not grammar. It's the spelling. Did you even finish high school?
:contract:

I just watched the Top Gear review that it seemed like he couldn't find much wrong with the car so instead he called the interior cheap and compared it to a Steven Siegel movie. I sense a bit of America hating, from what I remember the interior was not that bad at all.

They always do that to American cars on that show. If it's not a stupid Alfa Romeo they wreck on it :rant2:

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Ya Top Gear even hated the V2........at first.

Since nobody else said it yet.....to the OP, get Platinum, since it's the fastest color! :stirpot:
And I saw you mentioned 6 speed CTS-V.....that's the only option, no automatics <- boring anyways.

There are quirks like people have said, but you get over those. Check the motor mounts for leaks, and listen for whine in the diff. Don't clutch dump from any rpm (until you get Hendrix Axles) and you'll be good.

When you can pass people going 65mph in 6th without downshifting, that doesn't suck.

Oh, and :welcome: Good choice on coming over to the dark side! :lildevil:

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
that was a lot of expensive rides in those gumball pics... If it were me I don't think I could put a sticker on any of those cars..

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
that was a lot of expensive rides in those gumball pics... If it were me I don't think I could put a sticker on any of those cars..
Try the guy that parks his $1.2million MC12 on the street (public residential road) under a tree for a week and a half because his gate was locked, he lost the key, and had a flight to make out of town so he didn't have time to get the spare. Some of these guys are living on different planets than the rest of us.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Try the guy that parks his $1.2million MC12 on the street (public residential road) under a tree for a week and a half because his gate was locked, he lost the key, and had a flight to make out of town so he didn't have time to get the spare. Some of these guys are living on different planets than the rest of us.
That's insane. If he has that kind of car, wonder what his house looks like :hmm:

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
835 Posts
GT|Motion, I don't think you can go wrong with any model year V. Having a factory bumper-to-bumper warranty has definitely helped me from not hating this car. It seems the early model year cars have more problems - differential, navigation buttons, motormounts, headlamps, transmission. I have had about $5000 worth of warranty work done to my car. I'm glad I had stuck to my purchase plan of requiring a factory warranty. Overall, this car is a blast to drive and looks great. With a kid on the way, this car fits the bill perfectly.

Nice M3. Just yesterday, I got back from Watkins Glen hanging out with friends that are in the DelVal BMW club. (Former member myself driving a Ford.) For a while, I have been wanting to get an E30 or E36 BMW for the track but these plans have been put on hold since being laid off. Your E36 M3 will make a great track car for you. Off the track the V would be great too. A friend of mine who is an instructor owns an '08 M3 (E90) gave me a ride around The Glen. I wish that never happend!! Yes that E90 car is so much more technologically advanced but having been in other E30/E36's in the past with just suspension work is flat out amazing. I would love to take the V on the track but with my current circumstance that would be foolish. One of these days I'll get that track car and the V will be for work.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts