Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive found goin slow can be as much fun as goin balls to the wall

55mph in teh Ded Sled with 15 cars behind you and no on wants to pass because they think is a funeral precession. lol I know I'm a sick puppy :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I agree with you DEAD! When I had my Olds wagon I used to cruise First street with my brother( LOOKIN FOR TROUBLE ) and we'd see how slow we could go before the cops would shake us down! Sometimes we'd go up and down 4 or 5 times stoppin' every block or so to block traffic and B.S. with our friends we'd see on the street and we'd never go over 5 mph. LOL, LOL! I guess we were assholes but we were havin' fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in a one cop town and some times when I'm REALLY bored My friends and I follow him around town. He parks some where to run radar theres 3 cars behind, him he goes to pull some one over theres 3 cars behind him.

otherwise I go to Cedar Rapids and cruise 1st Ave. doin stop light drags and hittin up the small resturants that collect car guys

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I've always lived in the Bay area for the most part. I lived in New Mexico for a little while, Liked it. Lived in Colorado for a little while, Hated it! Now I'm back in California. It kinda sucks but I make a ton of money here. My point is....While I sometimes think that it would be cool to live in Mayberry and follow Barney Fife around the reality of it for me is.....I'd go postal and FREAK out! Shoot Barney Fife for no good reason and just generally wind up scaring the crap out of most everyone in town! So I tend to stay in the big city where I'm just another pretty face!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats one nice thing about Cali, theres lots of people who like to spend money. I'd like to own a speed shop here in the mid west but theres no where near the market like there is in the west.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
No doubt...I'm thinkin' about opening a location in Reno, Nv. and moving over there. My shop here can just about run itself and I can come over here when I need to. It would get me out af friggin' Calif. with their liberal politics, high taxes, lumpy roads,crappy drivers,ricers and the list goes on and on!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im sure you've heard about CHiPs comercial vehicle team ? they bought a bunch of plain white hot rod camaros to target truckers. c'mon there are some fast trucks but not Camaro fast.

Renos cool though

the day that the big quake breaks cali off from the rest of us can't come soon enough. :D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Maybe I'll have ocean front property in Reno!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Hell I got a good deal on miles of potential ocean front property in Arizona :) But the last thing the guy told me was "Sucka"
Is this a bad thing?:helpless:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just hope it goes quick so Nevada doesn't become East Cali. and let it take North California I mean Oregon with

They're not quite as bad though but they're gettin there :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Oh yeah, Oregonians.....Snobs without jobs. Sittin' there without any money pissin' and moanin' about how much they hate Californians when MOST of them used to live in California!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Sounds like Oklahomans.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you know what Iowa stands for dont ya?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Idiots
Out
Wandering
Around

At least thats what my brother-in-law tells me.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Not nice!.....Funny but not nice!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
But gettin' back on point here. I was goin' slow yesterday lookin' for a street that I was s'posed to turn on ( With three available lanes! ) and this guy in a TOY"O"LET LAND BRUISER starts honkin' his horn and gestureing wildly at me in the mirror. I Naturally ignored him and went on with what I was doing 25 in the right lane of a 35 and he kept carrying on for a little bit longer and then floored it to go around me (Directly in front of a city cop!) So the cop pulled both of us over and this guy just starts sceamin' at me and jumpin' up and down 'bout what a d*ckhead I am. I just stood there quietly lookin' at him as did the cop. When he started to calm down after a few seconds the cop says " Are you through now?" I sorta laughed and kept standing there quietly. Cop asked me what I was doing and I briefly explained. He asked the same question of the other guy and he goes into a rant about what an A-hole I am and how he didn't do anything wrong and something about how people like me should have their licences taken away....The cop handed me back my licence and told me I was free to go and then turned to the other guy. I went back by the place where this all happened about an hour later and....There sat the TOY"O"LET right where he got stopped!

Hmmmmmmm!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol glad you didn't get busted. no matter what you do its always wrong your either exceeding speed limit or doin the speed limit and impeeding the flow of traffic :rolleyes:

it must have been fun to watch :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yes.....It was.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
too bad he didn't have a dash cam, you could have made it onto one of those worlds worst drivers shows :D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Ah! He wasn't a bad driver, Just a driver with a bad temper. A lucky driver with a bad temper 'cause if he'd have stopped and acted like that without the cop there He would have had a bad day!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
3 Participants
kcnewell