Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Yesterday I installed the latest Lockpick for GM vehicles, the GMX-550, in my 2010 Escalade! As you may know, among many other things, it allows you to view the factory rear camera but it requires some splicing of wires. I need to find a certain Blue wire that in previous model years was located under the front passenger seat (going into a silver box). I have no such box in my 2010. The other option is to find the wire at the camera and run a wire from the rear camera all the back to the dash. I can't believe that this wire can't be found somewhere in the dash already... Does anyone have any suggestions for finding this wire? Has anyone does this install already? Wiring diagrams, etc. would be deeply appreciated. Please help! Thanks so much!

Scott

·
Registered
'10 CTS-V, '09 Escalade
168 Posts
Wire location has changed - it is still blue but under the steering column. Ask coastal tech before you start cutting but they found it for me when I took it to them. They took pictures while I was there so they will know

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wire location has changed - it is still blue but under the steering column. Ask coastal tech before you start cutting but they found it for me when I took it to them. They took pictures while I was there so they will know
killer67,
Thanks for your reply! I called Coastal Tech today and spoke with Carlos. He confirmed that there is access to the blue rear camera wire under the dash in the Left Instrument Panel Junction Block. He is supposedly sending me a photo of it's location but I haven't received it yet. In the meantime, I looked up this Junction Block online and I see that this blue wire is most likely on plug x11 (pin 2 or maybe 5). Plug x11 is the upper most plug in the left column of plugs. I will investigate tonight when I get a chance. Thanks so much for alerting me to this solution.
Take care,
Scott

·
Registered
2008 CTS4, 2011 EXT, 2002 Avalanche 2500
27 Posts
The blue wire is at the instrument panel junction box under left side of dash. You need to find connector x11 that plugs into junction box and the wire is terminal #5 of that connector.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, thanks for that info! I had success last night! I opened that Junction Box and found the x11 terminal (upper most terminal on the left) and the blue wire was indeed #5. I cut the wire and initially thought I would connect the GMX550 to the plug end of the blue wire but I quickly found out that this did not work. So I connected it to the free end of the blue wire and it worked! Perfect solution. Thanks so much! So for anyone who needs help remember to cut the blue wire and insulate/tape off the end that is going to the plug; this end will not be used. The other end of the blue wire is the end you want to connect to the Orange/black wire from the GMX550. I hope this makes sense. Also, here is a link that shows several options for locating the correct wire; it is from a competing product but it shows clearly where to locate this proper reverse wire:

www .pac-audio .com/PACProductData/NU-GM29/1_Instructions/nu-gm29_instructions_092309.pdf
(Note: remove the spaces in the URL above - I had to do this because I am not yet allowed to post a link because my post count is still low. Sorry)

Thanks to all who helped me with this!!
Sincerely,
Scott

·
Registered
09 Escalade
33 Posts
Yes, thanks for that info! I had success last night! I opened that Junction Box and found the x11 terminal (upper most terminal on the left) and the blue wire was indeed #5. I cut the wire and initially thought I would connect the GMX550 to the plug end of the blue wire but I quickly found out that this did not work. So I connected it to the free end of the blue wire and it worked! Perfect solution. Thanks so much! So for anyone who needs help remember to cut the blue wire and insulate/tape off the end that is going to the plug; this end will not be used. The other end of the blue wire is the end you want to connect to the Orange/black wire from the GMX550. I hope this makes sense. Also, here is a link that shows several options for locating the correct wire; it is from a competing product but it shows clearly where to locate this proper reverse wire:

www .pac-audio .com/PACProductData/NU-GM29/1_Instructions/nu-gm29_instructions_092309.pdf
(Note: remove the spaces in the URL above - I had to do this because I am not yet allowed to post a link because my post count is still low. Sorry)

Thanks to all who helped me with this!!
Sincerely,
Scott
Thanks Scott I had the same problem with the connector side of the blue wire not working with my 550. I will try the other side tonight. Thanks again.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE
595 Posts
What wire did you all use to connect the orange with black from the lockpick to the blue wire under the dash?
I'm assuming that i'm going to need to pick up some wire to connect the two. My kit didn't come with anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts