Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly do the GM social media people do?? (Austin, Katie, etc, etc)

I am at my wits end with my local dealer(s). Every time my car goes in there, it comes out scratched, dented, grease prints, etc. 2 local dealers have no respect for other peoples property.

The Chevy dealer denied scratching the paint. He refused to take responsibility, and basically told me to go F-myself in a nice way. At least he should have manned up, and made it right.

The Cadillac dealer is taking full responsibly for the paint damage, and sloppy repair work. But it's still aggravating to death. Every car going in there, they write up the service order on the hood !! It could be an $80,000 car, they write service orders on the hood.

GM social media; do you call them?? voice my concerns ?? Force them to make it right ? How exactly do you help with privately owned dealers ?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
the blur said:
What exactly do the GM social media people do?? (Austin, Katie, etc, etc)
IMO, not a whole helluva lot except send the same scripted response to people on here bitching. Some may disagree. That's my take.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
if they put a clipboard or a service order on my hood they would get an earful from me right away...and depending on their response, I might leave right then and there, with my car.

I always try to clean my cars before I bring them in for service, as part of my way of letting them know that I take care of the car, and so should they. I also plain tell them (OK, ask them nicely) to be careful with it.

I have never had to ask the local Social Media people for help...so I have nothing helpful to add on that front.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,361 Posts
How come the GM social media people haven't joined this thread in over a week?!
I haven't figured out how they choose which threads to respond to, but I'm guessing one with a thread title of "GM Social Media people" doesn't really catch their eye. That and there have been ~1200 other posts in the past week and they probably don't read every one.

I think their username is "Cadillac Customer Service", not "GM social media people". Perhaps you could try contacting them directly? Rumor has it the forum software gives members the ability to contact other members directly. ;)

·
Registered
NONE
779 Posts
I have never seen a single issue solved through this service team. I don't blame them. I blame the amount of clout GM gives them to get issues properly addressed. Until that changes it's mainly lip service sadly.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think their username is "Cadillac Customer Service", not "GM social media people". Perhaps you could try contacting them directly? Rumor has it the forum software gives members the ability to contact other members directly. ;)
It's OK to be a wise a$s. However, their email address is actually [email protected]. So I figured maybe one of them can possibly tell us what they do.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,431 Posts
I don't believe that AAIIIC was a smart ass. He is merely regurgitating what Cadillac Customer Service people use as their avatar, which is "Cadillac Customer Service." I would have posted the same answer.

These folks are not GM employees to the best of my knowledge. I believe they are third party contractors. But I have been wrong in the past, and I could be wrong about this.

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,087 Posts
I bet they are GM employees. Some indication of Cadillac's interest in their customers' problems and complaints is better then nothing.

Edit: I see they are with a contracted firm.

·
Registered
12 Wagon Hennessey 700, SB wheels, Corsa
160 Posts
One has to wonder how closely they monitor this forum. If GM doesn't grab thier attention, then what tag lines do they look for. This appears to be a classic case of Radio Silence. I've used that and it works, can't prove I'm aware of anything. But if I were assigned to monitor chatting, I would have never missd this thread.

Just saying......

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
My thread "Cadillac Customer Service Still Sucks" got a response from them. Don't know that they helped in any way. I found that my Chevy dealer is actually better so I'll be using them for warranty work and free oil changes.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I'm a bit uncertain of what the Cadillac Customer Service reps can do to help members of this forum. We've all read posts from forum members thanking the reps for their assistance and also berating them for failing to come to the members aid.
Personally, I appreciate having a representative monitoring this (free) forum offering whatever assistance they can. Even if it's just a friendly ear to listen to my bitching. :)

Do any other brands have a forum like ours that have reps monitoring it?

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I'm a bit uncertain of what the Cadillac Customer Service reps can do to help members of this forum. We've all read posts from forum members thanking the reps for their assistance and also berating them for failing to come to the members aid.
Personally, I appreciate having a representative monitoring this (free) forum offering whatever assistance they can. Even if it's just a friendly ear to listen to my bitching. :)

Do any other brands have a forum like ours that have reps monitoring it?
Actually the SRT engineers are legendary in this area. They participate in town halls with various SRT enthusiast web forums taking turns hosting. Every forum posted when the next event would be held and we all learned a lot during the Q&A's. They knew cars by reputation and RWHP and mention guys by name when they were breaking 10's, then 9's and finally 8's and even one 7 second Jeep. They knew their screen names so we knew they were reading posts and were true motorheads themselves.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
Jeep forum that I visit has a, "Jeep Cares", rep. that regularly tries to assist U.S. customers with issues, and there is also a separate, "JeepCAcares", rep. for Canadian customers.

C

·
0 Posts
They are actual in house GM employee's that have their own social media area within GM that monitors social media for complaints and collecting data for GM.
They are not exclusive to the Cadillac brand though because they represent all of the other GM brands around the net.

I don't believe that AAIIIC was a smart ass. He is merely regurgitating what Cadillac Customer Service people use as their avatar, which is "Cadillac Customer Service." I would have posted the same answer.

These folks are not GM employees to the best of my knowledge. I believe they are third party contractors. But I have been wrong in the past, and I could be wrong about this.
*edit here is an article about them.
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...-team-helps-resolve-complaints-keep-customers

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Actually the SRT engineers are legendary in this area. They participate in town halls with various SRT enthusiast web forums taking turns hosting. Every forum posted when the next event would be held and we all learned a lot during the Q&A's.
Participation of GM engineers in this forum would really be helpful! With some back and forth conversation between owners and engineers GM could make improvements in all their car lines. Not to mention creating good will and improving customer loyalty.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,431 Posts
The only conversation I can remember with a GM engineer on this forum was pertaining to the sunroofs (I think it was the sunroofs).

12,821 Posts
Hi the blur,

I’m sorry for taking so long to respond to your thread, but as CTSCHICK mentioned we are present on numerous forums/social media outlets and divide our time amongst multiple platforms. That being said, we work as an advocate for the customer/dealership relationship and serve as a liaison between the two parties in situations where not everyone is on the same page. We are contracted employees of GM and work directly with GM internal resources at the Renaissance Center in Downtown Detroit (our view is pretty awesome). In your specific case, we can file a dealership complaint which is documented within our system and has internal consequences for the dealership. I’m hoping I didn’t miss any questions or comments. If you would like to discuss your situation further the blur, please feel free to PM me. Additionally, if anyone else has questions or concerns we do monitor the forum and get to as much as we can, or you are always welcome to PM us directly.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
15,431 Posts
Good link from CTSChick

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Cadillac had a number of forum members on a call for the rear diff issue on the V1. They knew what's up and they listened to us...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts