Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my plat cup holders but the thing is busted. Sent them an email 4 days ago and no response. Also filled out a form on their website. Don't know what else to do other than wait. Anyone else have problems with these guy?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Everyone is talking about these cup holders but I cant seem to locate them anywhere. Can someone please post a link? Searched gmparts site and nothing came up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whatever you do don't order from those guys. The site says $133. They charged me $174 PLUS a $31 "handling charge" PLUS freight AND it arrived damaged. I'm just going to have the CC company charge them back...what a bunch of scumbags.

·
Registered
Escalade
81 Posts
It sound like you may have ordered some sort of special shipping.
When I did my order it was exactly what was in the invoice.
$171.33
Did you order "Rushed"?
Any kind of special request that would warrant such a "handling charge"?

Larry

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ordered some torsion bars from them on Dec. 15th and haven't received it. I emailed them last week asking about the status and they said that one of the parts had gotten lost and they will have to reorder it from GM. They said once they get it, the order will be shipped. You have to be kidding, how long can I wait. I emailed them back asking them to expedite the shipping due to their error or else I wont buy from them again. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
customizer said:
I ordered some torsion bars from them on Dec. 15th and haven't received it. I emailed them last week asking about the status and they said that one of the parts had gotten lost and they will have to reorder it from GM. They said once they get it, the order will be shipped. You have to be kidding, how long can I wait. I emailed them back asking them to expedite the shipping due to their error or else I wont buy from them again. We'll see what happens.
That is absolutely ridiclous. I have never seen anything like that before. If they don't expedite the shipping, I would call them and ask to speak to a manager. I'm sure you can figure something out. I am still in awe with the peformance they have shown so far. Something over there with GM Parts Direct is obviously not working right and needs to be fixed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Understand that GM Parts Direct is a car dealership parts dept and not GM, I have read posts that people have had problems with them, I have received very good service from them in the past.

·
Registered
2009 DTS Performance
210 Posts
I think that company has done a good job of putting their name out there about their low prices, but is a fake. Classic bait-and-switch - prices below dealer cost, but exorbitant shipping that brings price ABOVE dealer cost. Throw in YEARS of notoriously poor customer service and you see they are not such a good value. I stopped referring them a long time ago.

~Doc

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
cardio-doc said:
I think that company has done a good job of putting their name out there about their low prices, but is a fake. Classic bait-and-switch - prices below dealer cost, but exorbitant shipping that brings price ABOVE dealer cost. Throw in YEARS of notoriously poor customer service and you see they are not such a good value. I stopped referring them a long time ago.

~Doc
The last few items I purchased from them were large parts, even with S&H they were still 30% cheaper than the 3 local Caddy dealers I checked with, but you have to watch some of their S&H charges

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
cardio-doc said:

~Doc
You just have to weigh the cost from your local dealer versus their price including their 'handling'. My local dealer gives me 'garage pricing' which is about 50% off of list. Sometimes it's cheaper to get it from the dealer, sometimes it's cheaper from GM Parts Direct. I've never had any trouble with GM Parts Direct. I've ordered thousands of $$ worth of parts from them over the past couple of years. I just ordered an idler pulley and tensioner from them last week (came out slightly better than the dealer on those parts).

Jim

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
customizer said:
After all the waiting and the threat I made this is what I get from them. What a bunch of ***********. Its been almost 3 weeks. Im gonna tell them to take all the parts and stick them up their 888. I dont wany anything from them.
When I worked at the Wendy's drive through a guy told me to shove a single with cheese up my ass. When I politely refused he put his fist through the drive-thru sliding window (I had smartly closed it when he became irate - he didn't want cheese evidently).

But I digress.

They should've been better with the communication, but they probably really didn't get the part from GM for some reason. They're just like any other dealer - they order the stuff from GM and ship it out to you when it arrives. I found it ironic that I got the e-mail alerting me to a reply to this thread at the same time as the e-mail from DHL saying my GM Parts Direct parts were on the way.

Sorry you had such a hard time with them. I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

Jim

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well....here is is 1/16 and I still don't have a working part and GM Parts Direct still won't respond or call. I understand they are not GM - they are a dealer. Big whoop....they are a big ass unorganzied rip off and I suggest EVERYONE steer clear of them. They said DHL would to a pickup. Well...DHL never showed up so I ended up sending it back to them on my dime. Now I wait...no number to call...and I get the follow response by email. Each time with about a 5 day turnaround time...

"We have been trying to contact DHL about the part being picked up. If
DHL has not picked the part up then please email us so we have received
a reply from DHL on if a pick up was attempted. If a pick up was
attempted then you will need to return the part back to us to attn:
returns 1307.

Thank you for choosing www.GmPartsDirect.com
When replying to emails please include previous emails."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts