Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.gmpartsdirect.com

There has been a lot of negative posts over the years about these folks. Some warranted. But the biggest issue has always been shipping time. In the past I have ordered parts from them about 7 or 8 times. The fastest shipping I jave received has been 2 weeks. Fast forward to today. I ordered parking brake cables for my Seville this past Friday the 3rd. They arrived today Thursday the 9th. Six days :thumbsup:. Maybe they are taking a step in the right direction.

Don

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
Anybody that won't help over the phone is not worth my time ! I prefer Gmpart.com because they take the time to help you and have a live person to take calls rather then make you use email. Don't get me wrong parts direct is a great company to order from if you can wait two weeks but what if the part you need is vital ?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,990 Posts
Good to hear, but I tend to agree with Dwight. Rockauto or gmotors get my vote.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here is another time that www.gmpartsdirect.com has come through. I ordered an intermediate shaft and steering wheel position sensor from them on the 18th or 19th. I had them in my hands on Friday the 24th. That makes two consecutive times that shipping has been quite fast. It definitely appears that they have somebody in place that knows how to do internet sales.

Don

·
Registered
02 STS
1,262 Posts
Here is what works for me... I print out the price on GMDirect and then I take that price (complete with the shipping fee) to my local dealer and guess what... they almost always match the price (sometimes the even do better)! and most times I get the part in three days or less... If you are in a hurry, or what to talk to a person...

Try your dealer.

Just like the new car sales guys... the parts guys have lots of room to negotiate on prices.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could this be because you are in NJ and they are in North Carolina? The shipping time to Michigan from them always took the three week time period. But hey if they work for you, stay with them.
Maybe. But before my last two orders, the fastest shipment was two weeks. The only thing I can think of is that they are probably checking orders daily now, as opposed to weekly in the past (?). It isn't a shipping issue, it is a processing issue. The difference with a shipping company (UPS, Fed Ex, DHL) in regards to each of our locations, should be no more than two days.

Don

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
The difference with a shipping company (UPS, Fed Ex, DHL) in regards to each of our locations, should be no more than two days.

Don
DUH! you are probably right in the checking orders more often.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts