Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
xts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased this update, and is it worth it, is there Cue Navigation update, I have a 2013 Cad XTS, the graphics are nothing compare to the Ford Sync.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2014 xts that was manufactured in December 2013 so I decided to buy the upgrade this weekend. There has been a lot of highway construction over the last few years that is not on the maps. I'll report back once I get it updated. It hasn't arrived yet. From what I can see the 2013 and 2014 update is the same.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well I installed it today on the way home from work. It was very easy and smooth. It's too early to tell if it was worth it. However I looked at the files on my computer and almost all were dated 4-2014 even in the data and map folders. The latest a file I could find was 7-2014. With my xts being manufactured in December 2013 I'm sure this is updated however clearly these maps are only updated once per year and it looks like we are a month or two away from the next update. I will be watching closely because if they come out with another update in 30 days I will be asking for that one as well at no additional charge. Don't know if I will get it but I would wait another month or two before you buy. This was you can see if there is another update as the one they are delivering now is clearly at least 11 months old. There is no update for the 2015 modules yet I've seen updates for other 2015 GM vehicles so it could be just 30-60 days away.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
676 Posts
Good luck with getting a map update for free lol. These are just basically map updates and not navigation system upgrades with better features and/or graphics. For the additional roads that might be on an update is it really worth what the cost is?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Normally I would say no. For me personally I commute 26 miles each way to work and I have 3 routes I can take. The traffic varies day to day but 2 of the 3 routes have had so much construction over the last 24 months they are not properly represented on the map so the traffic mapping and routing is not accurate. I am hoping in a large city that have projects on major freeways would be updated in the maps.

Even if they gave me a 50-75% discount it would be worth it to get a full year of additional updated. Clearly what they just sold me is 11 months old! Considering I believe they will release another update next month I don't think it's unreasonable. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well it's been about two weeks and the maps have been updated with new highway exits and ramps as well as significantly more 3d mapping data. The stock build seemed to only show 3d buildings downtown but smaller areas have been added where there is a cluster of several buildings or complexes like hospitals. It's interesting because I live in a heavily populated area of south Florida and even in coral gables which has many single story buildings are now upgraded with more 3d images. Clearly from the file data the data is almost a year old but the presentation of the data is really nice when driving around town. Oddly enough Marlins Park was added as a poi but there is no 3d image of it, all you see is just a very large empty square on the map. Go figure. Wish it was free but happy nonetheless. I'll check in the next month or two because if they release a new version I will see if I can get them to give it to me.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Glad to hear the mapping is improved. When the newest verson comes out l'll probably spring for it. Keep us posted if you hear of it's release.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well I checked today and now there is a map update for the 2015 XTS. It's clear to me that what I purchased 2 weeks ago was what shipping on the 2015 xts. So sure it was an update from the 2014 xts map. However 2 weeks later they release an update? It seems that they update these maps once per year as I suspected and based in the file dates it's in June. If you recall mine had 2014 June dates. Wish me luck trying to get an update.

For those of you waiting, the key would be to make sure they have an update for the current model year to ensure your getting the most up to date map data. I will keep you all posted if I'm able to get an update.

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just 2 weeks ago the same map said it was for xts 2013-2014. When you requested a map update specifically for the 2015 the site said there was no update available. This makes sense as they update the map USb once per year. When I look at the files on my key they are June 2014. I suspect if you ordered it now the files would be may or June 2015.

Otherwise the 2015 map update would have been available months ago. I have an open case with them to return the key and get a new one. I will confirm once this occurs.

----------

Two weeks ago it said xts 2013-2014. When you selected 2015 it said "no map available". When I received my key the map data and all other files were dated June 2014. They only update once per year. Now that the 2015 xts is showing up and it's June in assuming there is a new map update that I missed by 2 weeks.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Odd. The OP was asking about the "V.2015" and when I first read that and checked the Nav website it had the 2013-2015 XTS model years listed. Are you saying that when you got yours 2 weeks ago the version was V.2014 and the XTS model years listed at that time was just 2013-2014?

----------

What is the version # of the update you purchased 2 weeks ago?

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Here we go again, lol. I have been down this road with my CTS. (they can't do anything right; always late with updates, sending bad or outdated disks, etc.) Waste of money unless you do it once every 4-5 years, trust me. For example, there is a major road around here that is close to three years old and it still didn't up in the 2015 loaner I had. (yes it may have been 2014 maps but the road is much older than that)

·
Registered
60 Posts
It did say v.2015 but not for a 2015 xts. I could be wrong but based on the map data being 1 year old and the 2015 just becoming available I am assuming there was a new map. The rep on the phone also confirmed the maps are updated yearly may-June timeframe. The map version on the USB matches the website but my car is being serviced so I can't verify the software version.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ok let us know if what is out now is in fact new and the latest and greatest.

----------

Now I may be wrong (I was one time back in 1983) but I thought when I checked a couple of weeks ago it said the V.2015 was for XTS 2013-2015.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ok here's the lowdown on the map updates - I was able to get a 3 way conference call going with the Infotainment people and the map USB maker. The current V.2015 which is available now was released in November of 2014 and is not recently new as I thought all along. The maps on it were made from mapping done in early 2014 so they are now already well over a year old. The next version (V.2016) won't be released until later this year, around November or thereabouts, and will contain mapping done 6-7 months or so prior to it's release. So that said I wouldn't buy the current V.2015 version but instead wait for the V.2016 to be released. Apparently map updates are released in the later part of each calendar year.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I must confirm. They did not approve my return and stated there is no update yet. No idea why the 2015 wasn't an option until a few weeks ago but clearly you want to by the update in December or January to receive the maximum value.

·
Registered
676 Posts
They told me November so that's when I'll start checking for the V.2016 which I'll likely purchase when it becomes available.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's why I figured December just to be safe. I wish I had a newer update but the one I did receive added a good amount of new map data at least in my area.

·
Registered
676 Posts
When I was on the phone with the mapmaker they told me V.2015 was released last November for the 2013-2015 XTS and that the 2015 model year was not just recently added a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's strange as I checked more than once. Not sure if the web site wasn't properly updated or I made a mistake but either way it's clear that the updates are released in November so that's good to know. I wish they would post that on the site so consumers would have transparency of what they are buying.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts