Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I currently have the 2008 CTS (purchased on Oct 07) and was wondering if anyone knew the Nav version for my maps. I can't tell what the current one is on the website but I have heard 5.0 thrown around a few times. Does anyone know if 5.0 is newer than my version or does anyone know what the current Nav Disc version is on the gmnavdisc.com website? It just gives me the part number 15226455 but no further info as to the actual map database version. I'm just trying to measure progress (e.g. if someone said I have 3.0 from the info I provided and the website is offering 7.0, then it makes sense to get a $200 upgrade, but if someone says I have 4.0 but 5.0 is what is available now, maybe I'm better off waiting a bit more as I don't just want to plop down $200 every year or something). Thanks!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
often enough that the streets in front of my dealer are all incorrect on my nav...how ironic...sure sucks for him when taking people out on test drives as the construction just finished about 6 mo ago and i highly doubt all the highway changes in that area have been integrated already.

·
Registered
'08 CTS DI (PDR, UAV, Y40, former GM Exec Vehicle)
29 Posts
Map Feedback - Re: GM Nav Disc - Map Version #

Hi all,

I currently have the 2008 CTS (purchased on Oct 07) and was wondering if anyone knew the Nav version for my maps.
Here's what my research has come up with for my '08 CTS (built Oct '07). The OS (operating system) is Microsoft Windows Automotive 5.0. Updates/upgrades may be far and few between.

The Application that runs the Audio & Nav systems is currently using revision. 2.01.000. My original Application was 1.02.0000, I updated this 3 months ago with GM p/n: 20833568.

I'm still running the original 2007 Nav Database of: 8.63.12.022807.19
I believe the next Database was: 14.73.7.030308.24

Since they release a new Database every year around August-September I'm finally going to pop the $200 later this year for the latest disc. I believe if you were to purchase any current Disc from the NavCenter it should update all at once. I've had the impression that you won't get much information out of the GM NavDisc Center about matching up Part Numbers with Revision Numbers.

Let me throw this out there for ALL. . . I'm also think the Nav Database uses info received from TeleAtlas. The most direct way to effect any change with them is by using, http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

Hope this may help. :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts