Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick service history with GM if the shoe was on the other foot.

GM Delivers my 2005 CTS-V

1. GM says the CTS-V will do 0-60 in 4.6 seconds - Owner unable to duplicate
2. GM says the CTS-V is a quality built automobile - Owner unable to confirm
3. GM says our dealer network is customer service oriented - Owner unable to duplicate
4. GM says our Service Technicians are specially trained to work on your vehicle - Owner unable to duplicate until driving 3 hours to Lindsay Cadillac (considering positive experience an isolated incident or one-time event)
5. GM says help support us we're drowning in debt - Owner confirms that GM is using cash, capital and most assets in an abusive manner.

LOYALTY CANCELLED DUE TO ABUSIVE SERVICE

·
Registered
224 Posts
CVP33 said:
A quick service history with GM if the shoe was on the other foot.

GM Delivers my 2005 CTS-V

1. GM says the CTS-V will do 0-60 in 4.6 seconds - Owner unable to duplicate
2. GM says the CTS-V is a quality built automobile - Owner unable to confirm
3. GM says our dealer network is customer service oriented - Owner unable to duplicate
4. GM says our Service Technicians are specially trained to work on your vehicle - Owner unable to duplicate until driving 3 hours to Lindsay Cadillac (considering positive experience an isolated incident or one-time event)
5. GM says help support us we're drowning in debt - Owner confirms that GM is using cash, capital and most assets in an abusive manner.

LOYALTY CANCELLED DUE TO ABUSIVE SERVICE
i like that....i would like to take that to my dealer see what they have to say!

If i was you, i would of lemoned the damn thing on the 3rd Diff. I got 9K miles on mine and the thing is holding up like it's made of Kryptonite while everything else is falling apart.

GOOD LUCK with it!

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
Me too, actually I'm looking for another one to race in NASA :wes: or SCCA.:gnome:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I love mine too, really have had no probs cept the ebrake needing adjusted and the radio needed replaced. (2 months old and already needing replaced again. DOH)

If I did have to depend on the local caddy dealership I would of never bought the car. Luckily we are good with the local Chevy/GMC dealership and they take care of all our problems.

·
0 Posts
Hey guys,

I am seriously shop'n a V as I type. Please give me the skinny on the issue's. I'm aware of the diff., what else is taking a [email protected]? Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Here are my ONLY concerns:

1) The rear-differential (which is still holding up fine after ~8.5k miles--~5K w/ Maggie) &

2) How the transmission shifts. This can PARTLY be alleviated by a shifter (UUC, B&M, etc.), but that doesn't solve the entire problem.

Even with those 2 concerns, I still very much love this car.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
The V, like some cars, is like a fine woman...
Most of the time she's great and makes you feel like a real man but sometimes....well, sometimes....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Only work needed under warranty so far were the bushings for the wheel hop. Cured it for me. I love this car, only thing that will ever pry it out of my hands would be a 500 hp version in 2008...

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CTSV05 said:
CVP, You are a clever little fellow aren't you??!!
If by clever you mean smart ass then yes. :lildevil:

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
10secvette said:
Hey guys,

I am seriously shop'n a V as I type. Please give me the skinny on the issue's. I'm aware of the diff., what else is taking a [email protected]? Thanks!

Great car with excellent handling and incredible power. Lot's of options for the price.

Shitty rear differential.
Wheel hop is sometimes unbearable when trying to hustle it.
Shifter is pure shit.
Tranny will give you problems down the road. Especially if you are agressive.
NAV buttons will peel eventually.
Runflat tires MUST go and thankfully do after about 5,000 miles.
Some radiators leak. Mine is starting to now.
Clunk in drivetrain. Replacing a bushing here and there regularly fixes this.
Resale will shrink your man marbles. New $53K. One year later try $30K-$33K.

·
0 Posts
CVP33 said:
Great car with excellent handling and incredible power. Lot's of options for the price.

Shitty rear differential.
Wheel hop is sometimes unbearable when trying to hustle it.
Shifter is pure shit. Fixable... yes?
Tranny will give you problems down the road. Especially if you are agressive.
T56 is a tuff trans. What hapens to it in the V?
NAV buttons will peel eventually. Warranty?
Runflat tires MUST go and thankfully do after about 5,000 miles. Agreed
Some radiators leak. Mine is starting to now. Warranty?
Clunk in drivetrain. Replacing a bushing here and there regularly fixes this. Warranty?
Resale will shrink your man marbles. New $53K. I year later try $30K-$33K.
After shopping the cars, typical g.m. resale. I found a silver 04 with a roof, 8k miles for 34,500 private party. Ran the vin at the dealership, zero warranty work.

I have not bought a new g.m. product since 1999, and will not. So in short, typical g.m. engineering with a half assed result. The good news, as you said, they go like hell, handle and stop well with 4 doors.

THANKS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts