Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1975 Sedan Deville
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering, as a Cadillac owner in Australia, what is spare parts support like from GM/Cadillac in the US for 'classic' Cadillacs? Parts for my 1980 Rolls Royce are never a problem, but being new to Cadillac ownership, it appears parts support is limited, if actually nothing from GM for my 75 Deville.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
'59 conv,'76 Eldo bicentenial,'58 coupe
60 Posts
From what I've experienced with the local Caddy dealer, well, you can just imagine the parts guy rolling his eyes and then laughing like a school girl! They can get some minor mechanical pieces but so can the aftermarket stores. No trim pieces, no lenses, no whatever...

Good luck, Gary.

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
A RR dealer can make money selling specialized parts for older models to a captive market willing to keep their semi-exotic automotive masterpieces rolling. Old Cadillac mechanical parts are GM universal and mass produced and still easily found through any auto parts store.

·
Registered
1975 Sedan Deville
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So GM doesn't care about their classic models I guess. :-( No classic/restoration parts supply section.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
There are parts stores in Europe for classic US cars, including Cadillac. Why not in Australia?
Other than that it's the www

·
Registered
1975 Sedan Deville
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For some reason Australia is the WORST place (out of the USA and UK) to get car parts. Damn expensive as well. :-(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts