Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a hurry at Lindsay so we forgot to lube up the GM Anti Hop bushings. Jacked up the car tonight and sprayed the crap out of them with Slick 50 (WD40 knock off). No more creaking for now. I'll keep you posted on how long this lasts. If it's an everytime I do an oil change deal, I can live with that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had the same thing on my car after the bushing swap, although it was only creaking and groaning when I was going up and down driveways. They lubed it when I took it in for the faulty TPMS sensor. All fine now. And yes, definitely worth the occasional creak.

Ladis

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
1,227 Posts
Mine haven't started to creak yet......hopefully I'll get lucky and they won't. However, not to threadjack (sorry Chris), but does anyone know if the addition of the bushings slightly raise the ride height in the rear?

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joey'sVee said:
What does the dealership use? What could we use for a 1 time fix...so you don't have to do it everytime you change your oil?
Dealership will use anti-seaze (sic?). Problem is you have to drop the rear craddle to get the lube in where it needs to be. Most dealers are careful to inform you that there will be added noise with these bushings. As in, live with the creaking.

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
The anti-sieze (sp?) is not a permanent fix...

My bushings which were well coated with anti-sieze a couple of months ago have began to creak again... It did last a lot longer(about 3 months) than spray lube which only lasted about a month for me...

I'll be talking to our suspension tech tomorrow and see what we can come up with... I'll post any solution that we come up with...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Lindsay Cadillac said:

My bushings which were well coated with anti-sieze a couple of months ago have began to creak again... It did last a lot longer(about 3 months) than spray lube which only lasted about a month for me...

I'll be talking to our suspension tech tomorrow and see what we can come up with... I'll post any solution that we come up with...
Thanks!:worship:

·
Registered
305 Posts
This sounds like the creaking noises I thought i was getting from the lower fender areas (cause they creak when I push them). Anyway, I know it sounds stupid but perhaps someone could post a pic of where to spray the lubricant if you guys come up with a solution? I have no lift and stuff looks different when you flat on your back stuffed under the V.

Are these bushings the ones inside the springs in the rear?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Make sure they are torqued properly. If I remember right I had to torque one bolt to 180 + ft. lbs. That's tighter than most 1/2" impacts go unless you have alot of air pressure behind it.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Ziplicon Tuesday said:
This sounds like the creaking noises I thought i was getting from the lower fender areas (cause they creak when I push them). Anyway, I know it sounds stupid but perhaps someone could post a pic of where to spray the lubricant if you guys come up with a solution? I have no lift and stuff looks different when you flat on your back stuffed under the V.

Are these bushings the ones inside the springs in the rear?
:yeah:

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
4 days and it's back! It may have more to do with the rain and standing water today but the creaking is definitely back. I'll be sliding under there again tonight to lube it all up.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
took me about 50 miles from the dealer, went to get out of the V after parking, and lo and behold......cccrrrrreeeeeeeeeeaaaaak. Shizzle

F

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thank God for the Forum. I had my bushings for two weeks when I decided to test them with hard 1-2 powershift. No "Bang!!" or other hideous noise from metal slapping metal. Then, when I braked at the next traffic light, I heard the "grrrroan, creeeeek."

But for the Forum threads on the topic, I would have thought the body had separated from the frame. But, by being "in the loop," I realized what the noise was and didn't get excited. I haven't had a problem since. :thumbsup:

CR

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey, for what it's worth in case there's any confusion (I was). I thought the bushinigs in question were located in the center of the rear coil springs. I lubed them but it didn't help. Apparently the ones to lube are the white washer like discs at the top and bottom of the differential support cradle. You'll see'em if your look - ain't much else white under there. I sprayed them and the creaking is completely gone - only been a day though.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Gentlemen,
I pray that the following info does not apply to the aforementioned "creak, groan" noises, but here's my two cents.

I installed the Specter bushings(which are slightly thicker than the GM bushings...I think) and sprayed them with silicone spray. No creak, crack, nothing. A few weeks later, I'm hearing a creak everytime I brake to a stop and then the creak when I accelerate from a stop. I complain to my dealership that something is amiss. Sure enough, after my second visit complaining that I'm close to lemon-lawing my V, they find the cause. It was the bushing that connected the left rear trailing arm to the knuckle. It was allowing some movement that caused the creak. Perhaps this is something that is causing the sounds, if it is, at least you'd be on your way to eliminating one of the sounds GM has not labeled "Normal V-Sounds".
good luck,
ace

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Lindsay Cadillac said:

Did you come up with anything James?

Would be great if you do. :worship:

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
We have an idea that we are going to try on my car hopefully today. As soon as I know if it fixes the noise I'll let everyone know...

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I don't think anybody in the shop has had a chance to mess with it.
I don't see anti-sieze working on this one.
Those "bushings" have 2 long pins on each that go down inside the factory mount bushings. I helps keep them from twisting under heavy loads.
I think they key is going to be find something that will stay between the teflon and the rubber inside the mount. I'll try to see if I can come up with something. I know GM used to have something called "special lubricant" that we used to use on sway bar bushings. I'll see if we can find some of that and maybe put that on James' car and see if that fixes it.
It worked really well on the sway bar problems we had.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts