Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was shopping for my 06 CTS I noticed that all the new Cadi's had a small silver GM badge on the lower portions of the front quarter panels.

I don't mind them on my car but I could see where some people may want them taken off - just wondered if any one had an opinion of them good or bad?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
FSU_Noles said:
When I was shopping for my 06 CTS I noticed that all the new Cadi's had a small silver GM badge on the lower portions of the front quarter panels.

I don't mind them on my car but I could see where some people may want them taken off - just wondered if any one had an opinion of them good or bad?
They don't bother me, they are pretty small and nonobtrusive!

I do have a 2005 so I don't have them, but I wouldn't remove them if they were on my car.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NTIMD8 said:
Looks fine on the Caddy.. Looks stupid on the Vette.
I didn't realize they were on the Vette too, I don't know if it is true anymore but it used to be a little known fact that the Corvette did not even have Chevrolet badging on it anywhere.

I wonder if all the GM 06's have similar badges.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
FSU_Noles said:
I didn't realize they were on the Vette too, I don't know if it is true anymore but it used to be a little known fact that the Corvette did not even have Chevrolet badging on it anywhere.

I wonder if all the GM 06's have similar badges.
Corvettes have always had crossed flags. I don't recall a year that didn't.

I believe all 06's will have the GM badge.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
NTIMD8 said:
Looks fine on the Caddy.. Looks stupid on the Vette.
You won't see it when a 06' ZO6 blows by you at 190+MPH. The 06' actually hold 2nd place at the 7:42 track in Germany. The next fastest car was a 450K Porshe. BTW ZO6's will be about 70K-75K, employee pricing is 65,800.

·
Registered
340 Posts
for the 100th time...yes we all know that there is a small square GM emblem on the fenders of all general motors vehicles. if one were so inclined or fascinated by this you can do a simple search, and find the other 50 threads with this topic. :tsucks:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CTS V6 3.6 said:
for the 100th time...yes we all know that there is a small square GM emblem on the fenders of all general motors vehicles. if one were so inclined or fascinated by this you can do a simple search, and find the other 50 threads with this topic. :tsucks:
Then don't post in it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I personally don't care for additional advertising on my car. What's next a GM badge with all the different makes and models--> j/k, but still not needed. I'd take some dental floss and be off with it!

·
Premium Member
28,939 Posts
I recall seeing a suburban that had GMC badging on one side and one end and had Chevy badging on the other side and other end. It was delivered from the factory that way. I don't know what the registration said it was. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

·
Registered
753 Posts
dkozloski said:
I recall seeing a suburban that had GMC badging on one side and one end and had Chevy badging on the other side and other end. It was delivered from the factory that way. I don't know what the registration said it was. A rose by any other name is still a rose.
In 1988, my company bought a new Chevy 1500 that was delivered to us with a Chevy1500 emblem on the drivers door and a GMC1500 emblem on the passenger's! Quality control at it's finest..

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
dkozloski said:
I always suspected that jokesters were involved in those deals.
I once bought a new Ford Torino that was built over the Xmas New Year holidays. I found an empty bottle of whisky in the spare tire well. I thought maybe my Torino was built by drunks but it ended up being a nice car.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dooman said:
In 1988, my company bought a new Chevy 1500 that was delivered to us with a Chevy1500 emblem on the drivers door and a GMC1500 emblem on the passenger's! Quality control at it's finest..
My guess is that the passenger side cost more?? :histeric:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
RobertCTS said:
I once bought a new Ford Torino that was built over the Xmas New Year holidays. I found an empty bottle of whisky in the spare tire well. I thought maybe my Torino was built by drunks but it ended up being a nice car.
Are you serious? Haha, you should have replaced it with a full one when you went to sell it. Id be really dissappointed if I found an empty bottle. I mean, if it's gonna be built by drunks, the least they could do is share! :)

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
AznPrydeRegalRyde said:
Are you serious? Haha, you should have replaced it with a full one when you went to sell it. Id be really dissappointed if I found an empty bottle. I mean, if it's gonna be built by drunks, the least they could do is share! :)
NOPE..THEY DIDN'T EVEN LEAVE ME A SNORT!!:mad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
14 Participants
Rickii