Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking it would be really great if GM would start selling there auto start to the dealerships to add to existing cars as I had an aftermarket in my last car and it made the computer act wierd. :stirpot:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Oh yeah, they do in some cars. For example, in a lot of the top end trim lines of most 06 and newer Chevy models (Malibu SS, Impala LTZ and SS, Corvette, Suburban and Tahoe LTZ, among others) there is an auto start button on the keyfob. And we do see a lot of cars thatwith the aftermarket ones added that have electronic gremlins that are brought on by the aftermarket auto start.

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah so they need to make an auto start for GM cars that can be put in as a stock acessory so we won't have these problems with the electronics.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Chad you are a god amongst mere mortals !

Hey what can I say? I've just gotten lucky enough to live out a dream I've had since I was a kid...to work in a dealership.

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Find out what parts they add to the car when they put in the auto start after the car has arrived without it and let me know.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Oh, that is installed at the factory, it comes in the certain option packages for the specific cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts