Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DETROIT and WASHINGTON, Sept. 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- General Motors announced today it has produced more than three million vehicles with factory- installed XM satellite radios.

XM is the exclusive satellite radio partner of GM, which offers more than 50 vehicle models that feature XM Satellite Radio. In model-year 2006, nearly 90 percent of GM's U.S. retail models will offer factory-installed XM satellite radios as either an option or as standard equipment.

GM was the world's first automaker to offer satellite radio and remains the industry leader in offering factory-installed satellite radio to its customers. GM began offering XM Satellite Radio in select Cadillac models in November 2001, the same month that XM launched its service nationwide.

"We've made XM Satellite Radio available across the breadth of GM's U.S. portfolio because our customers tell us they highly value the superior-quality programming it provides," said Mark LaNeve, GM North America Vice President Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing.

"This is the latest milestone in an extraordinary partnership between GM and XM," said Hugh Panero, President and CEO of XM Satellite Radio. "Being the exclusive satellite radio partner of the world's largest automaker has been a key element of XM's success to date. We look forward to even greater success as GM continues to offer XM across its vast model line-up."
61% of GM customers who retain their subscriptions has increased to 61%. I recently drove a Lesabre rental with built-in XM and enjoyed it. I've had it for years now in my cars (among the first 150,000 subscribers) and don't know how I -ever- drove across the country without satellite radio.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Add me to the list of XM fans. As soon as I read about it, I had to have it. I signed on in January of 2002. Put on in my wife's car, my father's truck, and I just bought a new Delphi SkyFi for the Expedition.

I never even considered Sirius, but I sure do wish I had bought XM stock a few years ago.

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
Have it both in my BMW and Eldorado. I signed up in 2004, and I could never go back to regular radio ever again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts