Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clever push and release functionality has failed me and I can not get the glove box to open. It clicks to release (I can hear it and it opens a sliver) but then won't open.

Any ideas?

I predicted this would happen once I saw button upon first getting the car...any help much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
344 Posts
Other then a visit to your dealer, A pry bar perhaps? Could something inside be holding it closed? Try pulling down on it at the same time
you press the button. From your description it seems like it trying to open.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why do guys have attitude about this? I have a 2014 v-sport premium with every option. This car is amazing. I couldn't love it more than I do, but it's annoying that the box won't open. That's all.

And yes, it's still broken.

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
344 Posts
Why do guys have attitude about this? I have a 2014 v-sport premium with every option. This car is amazing. I couldn't love it more than I do, but it's annoying that the box won't open. That's all.

And yes, it's still broken.
Did you try putting a little downward pressure on it while pressing the button? Could something on the inside be holding it closed? It may just be a simple DIY fix.

·
Registered
2014 cts
19 Posts
The same thing happened to me on a 30 degree morning. The relay to the left sounded like it worked but no noise from the glove door. The 30 minutes later it worked. It is not surprising to me that this stuff and more will go wrong with any piece of machinery with so much electronics. My solution is to sell the best car I have ever owned the day before the warrantee expires.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
69 Posts
I'm having the same problem too, haven't had time to go dealer get it fixed, mines been broke for 4 months now. Same symptoms relay clicks on the left but not on the right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just had my CTS in this week for maintenance. Told the dealer about the intermittent sticking glove box. The dealer said there was a technical bulletin on this issue. They performed the TSB, But it didn't fix the issue. So they ended up ordering me a new glove box it should be coming next week.

·
Registered
'13 SRX4 Performance
251 Posts
I'm having the same problem too, haven't had time to go dealer get it fixed, mines been broke for 4 months now. Same symptoms relay clicks on the left but not on the right.
In 4 months, you haven't had time to go to the dealer to get it fixed?

·
Registered
2014 XTS Turbo Cadillac
1 Posts
Besides the fact that the glove box won't open, the CD player is in the glove box.

----------

We've had our Cadillac in to the repair shop 2 times already and coming up on the third time this week. There are many, many owners with the same problem. The problem needs to be addressed by General Motors.

----------

Oh yes, and what about the 24 +/- speakers in the car that are basically using the radio only.

·
Registered
Cadillac technician
669 Posts
Wow, this is like a 5 minute repair.

Why is it taking so long, are they ordered parts? Are they following the bulletins in service information ?
These parts at last check, as still on restriction because everyone wants to guess at the repairs rather than diagnose the concern.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts