Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to share my recent purchase. Here's the wheel/tire specs:

Wheels: Forgeline VR3P
Front: 20" x 9.5", ET+51?
Rear: 20" x 10.5", ET+44?

Tires: Dunlop Sport Maxx GT DSST
Front: 275/35/20
Rear: 315/35/20

I want to say those were the offsets, but I may be confusing them with TimmyC's offsets. I can't find where I wrote them down. When I find that, I'll be sure to update the post for those that are interested.

If you noticed, that isn't a typo. I really wanted to try and fit 315s on the rear. They... fit? It doesn't hit suspension or fender, but I did have to dremel out some of the fender lining to prevent scrubbing. The fronts fit no problem. I know some might find the overextended tire a bit gaudy. It was originally intended as some extra lip protection, but the fender protection is an added "feature" I suppose. I also wanted the complete opposite of the stretched tire look.

The car is lowered slightly. They are CTSV2 front springs (unmodified) and rears (cut one full coil). Please don't flame me for cutting springs. It was cheap and for science!

Face.jpg
Side.jpg
Three Quarter.jpg
Poke2.jpg
Money Shot.jpg

Imgur Album Link

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Looks great! I was going to ask how wide and then I read 315 for rears. That is wide! Feel the difference in traction?

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
Holy sh!t dude, you're gonna PUNISH those fenders, it looks like a wild hot wheels or matchbox car from the rear!

I just installed 295's on 44mm-backspaced, 10" forgestars, and the rubber looks flush with the fender, just within the realm of interference. You're like a whole shoulder past!

To those looking for a virtually excellent set of stock rims, CHECK THE CLASSIFIEDS FOR MINE WITH ONLY 19k MILES CLOCKED!. They moved my original post!

·
Registered
2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac
1,905 Posts
My 305s fit more like Russ's 295s. I assume our wheels have the same offset and width so those 315s must be more than 10mm wider than my 305s.

·
Registered
FS: HP Tuners Std - $400 Shipped
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great! I was going to ask how wide and then I read 315 for rears. That is wide! Feel the difference in traction?
Well I don't have any power mods outside of the spectre 2 piece intake, but with that said, I could not spin from about 2k RPM, on a freshly paved road with competition mode on. Got some chirps, but no spinning.

I was afraid I'd have TCS issues. Had it come to that, I'd have just kept it off all the time and let the classic style traction control do its job. Also, it would've been a cool "valet" feature.

----------

Holy sh!t dude, you're gonna PUNISH those fenders, it looks like a wild hot wheels or matchbox car from the rear!
I'm considering looking for some mud flaps if it doesn't come out looking like a rally car. Thanks man, the matchbox car was kind of what i was going for.

----------

My 305s fit more like Russ's 295s. I assume our wheels have the same offset and width so those 315s must be more than 10mm wider than my 305s.
You have custom hub/brakes for yours though, right? If I remember correctly, that made your offset higher than what the rest of us would naturally run. But considering he has 10" wide instead of 10.5" like you, the tires fit more similarly to how yours do.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4
1,417 Posts
I see you're in Illinois...

I like the idea of going bigger to get a nice meaty rear look, but for me it shouldn't aesthetically push past the fender line.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
Well I don't have any power mods outside of the spectre 2 piece intake, but with that said, I could not spin from about 2k RPM, on a freshly paved road with competition mode on. Got some chirps, but no spinning.

I was afraid I'd have TCS issues. Had it come to that, I'd have just kept it off all the time and let the classic style traction control do its job. Also, it would've been a cool "valet" feature.

----------

I'm considering looking for some mud flaps if it doesn't come out looking like a rally car. Thanks man, the matchbox car was kind of what i was going for.

----------

You have custom hub/brakes for yours though, right? If I remember correctly, that made your offset higher than what the rest of us would naturally run. But considering he has 10" wide instead of 10.5" like you, the tires fit more similarly to how yours do.
You'll NEVER get mud flaps in there with those wheels and tires now. No room as the suspension compresses, as I'm sure flaps will attach high in the wheel well! And good luck keeping the paint on those wraparound rear bumper panels...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see you're in Illinois...

I like the idea of going bigger to get a nice meaty rear look, but for me it shouldn't aesthetically push past the fender line.
Actually in AL. Curious what makes you think IL; maybe similar plate designs?

Yea, I'm sure I'm in the minority for pokey tires. Well if nothing else, now everyone knows what 315s look like on a 44 offset 10.5"

·
Registered
2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4
1,417 Posts
Yea, it really looked like a blurred Illinois plate.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Hey Tim what were the exact wheel specs you had? I'd like anything over 300 in the rear that won't cause any issues and don't stick out more than a couple millimetres past the fender.

·
Registered
2008 STS-V & 1962 Coupe Deville
548 Posts

I just installed 295's on 44mm-backspaced, 10" forgestars, and the rubber looks flush with the fender, just within the realm of interference. You're like a whole shoulder past!

To those looking for a virtually excellent set of stock rims, CHECK THE CLASSIFIEDS FOR MINE WITH ONLY 19k MILES CLOCKED!. They moved my original post!

More pics of the forgestars please!!!! I want to do the same setup and would like to see them on the car first. Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 13 cts vagon
1,611 Posts
Your going to destroy your fenders on that car. First time you put someone in the back seat and hit a bump in the road. My friends just did the same thing with there Corvette rippedthe fender 1/2 of the car. And destroyed a tire. Just because they tought it looked cool.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your going to destroy your fenders on that car. First time you put someone in the back seat and hit a bump in the road. My friends just did the same thing with there Corvette rippedthe fender 1/2 of the car. And destroyed a tire. Just because they tought it looked cool.
Fenders still intact after a year. Granted I don't recommend it because the fender cuts in to the tire when I hit a bump riding four deep. Haven't had to replace the tires yet, but when I do, I'll be switching to 305s or 30 aspect ratio. Haven't done the math/measurements to see which I'd prefer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts