Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discovered this glitch. I wonder how many more have seen it. If you turn off the car and restart after a few minutes is fixed but it happens randomly. Basically, when using the NAV with a destination address the 10-inch center screen shows the turn by turn perfectly fine but the digital instrument cluster for the driver and HUD sometimes are missing the arrow section of the turn by turn.

Again turning off the car and turning it back on after a few minutes and then the arrow appears...
Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Measuring instrument Auto part

Road surface Infrastructure Asphalt Rectangle Font

When restarting the car... Now it is fixed.... It does not happen every time and I cannot reproduce it on demand. It is completely random...

Font Parallel Electric blue Gas Display device

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wonder how many more has seen this. Seems to be randomly reoccurring. The arrow with the distance from the left side of the NAV display is blank and only the road and the time of arrival appears.... Very annoying. :)

13,031 Posts
Discovered this glitch. I wonder how many more have seen it. If you turn off the car and restart after a few minutes is fixed but it happens randomly. Basically, when using the NAV with a destination address the 10-inch center screen shows the turn by turn perfectly fine but the digital instrument cluster for the driver and HUD sometimes are missing the arrow section of the turn by turn.

Again turning off the car and turning it back on after a few minutes and then the arrow appears...
View attachment 627500
View attachment 627501

When restarting the car... Now it is fixed.... It does not happen every time and I cannot reproduce it on demand. It is completely random...

View attachment 627502
This is certainly not what we like to hear, STAR-TEK. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your vehicle. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: STAR-TEK/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit Privacy Statement. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is certainly not what we like to hear, STAR-TEK. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your vehicle. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: STAR-TEK/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit Privacy Statement. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com
Thank you I sent the email with the screenshots and relevant info.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
All just an update. Took the car yesterday for service. They couldn't replicate the problem. Good thing I had pictures to share. They even contacted GM tech to look into it.

Long story short they've ordered a new (digital instrument panel) ;) to replace it to see if that fixes it coming next week. Let's see. Maybe I got a bad instrumentation panel from the factory?

The car is awesome though despite this hiccup I love my purchase.

Also got the DRL update based on the recall.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got off the car yesterday at night and did not see a difference. They told me they did the recall update. If they did not I am not mad and will hide it from them LOL. I will keep my eye on it next time I drive at night and will let you know.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well did a few trips again today and it happened again so this did not fix it unfortunately. So I wonder what is next. The way I understand it, the central dashboard NAV hands off the information to the instrumentation cluster which then hands off the information to the head up display. So I am guessing they need to replace the center dashboard now. Sigh

· Premium Member
2023 CT5-V RWD / 2020 XT6 Sport / 2024 Lyriq AWD (reserved)
5,491 Posts
Frankly, it seems to me as if it is a software issue, not a hardware one. Can they re-flash, re-install the nav software?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts