Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1968 sedan deville
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just started cleaning up the trunk of my bagged 68 sedan deville. i built a slot vent enclosure that will house two 12" ma audio subs. now i am making a fiberglass cover that will hide all my compressors ,tanks ,valves, etc. i intend on 'glassin random skulls and bones into the cover and i will also weld up an amp rack that will have the amps "floating" behind the subs. i will also be building a fiberglass rear deck lid and front kickpanels over the next month. i'll be sure to post pics as i move along.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Definately a nice ride! I'd like to see some more pics (interior) as well. Look forward to seeing how the stereo project comes out.. Have you considered getting a little more "exotic" with the glass? I'd lose the MDF box, and start going with some more "fluid" shapes out of glass.. Maybe angle the subs, amps etc..

RD

·
Registered
1968 sedan deville
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really like the sound of a slot vent so that whats why i'm doing this ridiculous setup.its a pain in the ass but hopefully it will sound and look good in the end. heres a few more pics.i'll keep you guys posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
1968 sedan deville
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was about $1300 for the kit and i made all the brackets. that includes two viair 380 compressors but i just spent another $300 on an engine driven compressor. it wasn't too bad installing, just alot of time measuring and trimming.

·
Registered
'94 Fleetwood Brogham, '94 Fleetwood, 2010 SRX 4WD, F250
768 Posts
Man, that is one sweet ride. I'm not a real fan of the lowride, but I love the overall look of that model year. Keep her nice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any updates on how the trunk is coming?

Something like this is what i was talking about when I said "fluid" with the shapes..

Those are getting ready to get glassed.. They are the mid-bass in my friends boat.

I'll see if I can find some more pics.

RD

·
Registered
1968 sedan deville
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that boat is gonna be sick. my cousin and i just bought a parasail boat and plan on redoing the interior and stereo.you can see the boat in the background on some of the pics above.as far as my trunk ive just been sanding and starting to mold things in. i made a spine out of great stuff too.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
nixon186 said:
it was about $1300 for the kit and i made all the brackets. that includes two viair 380 compressors but i just spent another $300 on an engine driven compressor. it wasn't too bad installing, just alot of time measuring and trimming.
wat company who get it from cuz im seriously gonna hook mine up wit em dis summer!!!

·
Registered
1968 sedan deville
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i actually had my friend order it through one of his distributors. he installs bags and hydros and has a dealer account. in all honesty though, go to suicidedoors.com and order it. a month after i got my kit suicide was selling the same setup for 50 bucks less. the guys at suicidedoors.com are awesome. fast shipping too.

·
Registered
1968 sedan deville
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
riverdave, what are you cutting your mdf speaker rings with? router or jigsaw? the cuts look clean as hell!

·
Registered
16 Posts
nixon186 said:
i actually had my friend order it through one of his distributors. he installs bags and hydros and has a dealer account. in all honesty though, go to suicidedoors.com and order it. a month after i got my kit suicide was selling the same setup for 50 bucks less. the guys at suicidedoors.com are awesome. fast shipping too.
thanx man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts