Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently broke the rear glass in my 94 SLS. I called my local body shop and he told me they were having a hard time finding the part # and said it may be discontiuned. I was also told that I need glass out of 94-95. The glass for 96-97 were different. Does anyone know if the glass out of a newer Seville will work? My body man told me that there could just be a different tint in the glass. I was wondering if anyone knew of a glass company that may have the glass I need. I am going to the junkyard tommorrow but I was asking for your advice.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
White SLS said:
I went to the junkyard yesterday and purchased one for $75.
$75 NICE! There was a post a few days ago, where the rear glass cost (labor and parts included) almost $1500 on a newer Seville. :eek:

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
687 Posts
There's a company out in the Chicago land area (only place I know of). Called Safelite. They did my windshield a few times. I would imagine they carry all glass. But id think they charge a lot.

MacK

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood FWD / 2000 ETC / 2000 STS / 2006 STS V-8 1SF RWD
475 Posts
Hello...
Safelite is a national chain. I contacted them about replacing my cracked windshield. They were quite reasonable. They even tried to patch the chip (which was larger than a quarter) but were unsuccessful. I am happy with their service.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
687 Posts
Ive had a so-so experience with them. Had a huge crack in my windshield. They replaced. But it looked off center. Could run my nail on the edge of the glass. So they agreed to replace it. I think its just bad karma with my car but the guy ended up breaking 2 windshields. Currently my rainsensor doesnt work and I really dont recall it working since the 1st glass was done. Also I think there's some kind of film on their glass. Wipers are horrible and I even put rain-x on it and it didnt do a think. But if I remember correctly the windshield was something like $500 + whatever they charge for install.

MacK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts