Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport Premium
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering buying a slightly used 2014 CTS VSport with a cashmere interior. I was researching CTS’s in general and discovered a complaint with NHTSA concerning glare on the front windshield from a “light colored” dash.

Is anyone with a 2014 or 2015 cashmere interior having glare issues?

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
353 Posts
I have Cashmere int. and haven't noticed any Glare Problem. Did the NHTSA have any more info. Like Daytime, Night time or Glare from the Sun, etc.?

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport Premium
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Below is what was on the NHTSA website. Whoever wrote this really went to the extreme.

"I have told the dealer that i leased the car from that there is a terrible glare and reflection on the windshield from the dashboard. The interior is a new light color and they are having problems with reflections of the cutouts and vents that mirrors the whole top of dash on windshield. When sun shines there is such a distraction that your eyes are all over the place and it is very difficult to see clearly through the windshield without being distracted. If a person or child darted in front of the car when i am distracted by a reflection of all the designs and cutouts, it could be very dangerous. I am still waiting for a response from cadillac. I have never seen any other car with a light color dashboard and am surprised this wasn't researched before manufacturing. Please advise.... Thank you"

·
Registered
353 Posts
Below is what was on the NHTSA website. Whoever wrote this really went to the extreme.

"I have told the dealer that i leased the car from that there is a terrible glare and reflection on the windshield from the dashboard. The interior is a new light color and they are having problems with reflections of the cutouts and vents that mirrors the whole top of dash on windshield. When sun shines there is such a distraction that your eyes are all over the place and it is very difficult to see clearly through the windshield without being distracted. If a person or child darted in front of the car when i am distracted by a reflection of all the designs and cutouts, it could be very dangerous. I am still waiting for a response from cadillac. I have never seen any other car with a light color dashboard and am surprised this wasn't researched before manufacturing. Please advise.... Thank you"
All I can say is both myself and the wife have not noticed any issue with this. All I can tell this guy is not to let yourself be distracted by all the "cutouts and vents" that
you run someone over.

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
Wonder if this guy/gal wants the NTSB to issue a limitation, prohibiting front passengers from wearing light colored clothing that might "reflect" in the windshield..... Geezzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wonder if this guy/gal wants the NTSB to issue a limitation, prohibiting front passengers from wearing light colored clothing that might "reflect" in the windshield..... Geezzzzzzzzzz
I wonder if he wants some cheese to go along with that WHINE.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,800 Posts
No glare on 14 CTS windshield with Cashmere - only pain is thats impossible to clean windows properly with just about any cleaner. Its always noticeable in winter when sun is low in the sky and comes right at you at dusk and early morning.

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
No glare on 14 CTS windshield with Cashmere - only pain is thats impossible to clean windows properly with just about any cleaner. Its always noticeable in winter when sun is low in the sky and comes right at you at dusk and early morning.
Locate a window store and see if they have a foam cleaner. In Tulsa I went to a Robinsons Glass place. They had their own brand of foam cleaner and with one application it removed the oily out-gassing residue on the inside of the windshield. (Ingredients were 2-Butoxyethanol, Ethyl Alcohol, Methyl Alcohol, plus water and propellant. Probably carcinogenic but it sure cleaned the glass.....)

·
Registered
2014 CTS Luxury - Red Obsession with Cashmere
67 Posts
I use a large microfiber cloth. Depending on the build up you might need to go over it a few times, but it doesn't require any cleaner. I use the same thing on my sunglasses, cycling glasses, camera lenses... any glass really!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've been meaning to reply to this for a couple of weeks now. I went looking for any reflection on the windshield while driving and I found one.
On the lower edge of the windshield you can see the reflection of the defrost vent grid. Why someone feels this is such a distraction that they
complain to the NHTSA that this could cause you to run over someone is beyond me. I myself don't drive with my eyes focused on the lower edge
of the windshield where the only thing to see is the wiper arms.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport Premium
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Richard and to all that replied. I ended up buyng a new 2014 with Cashmere. I have also noticed the vent grid reflection. Overall, it is not an issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts