Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 2007 Cadillac DTS in what I think is a rare color. Its called glacier gold pearl and it is a tri-coat. I've never seen another cadillac in this color and I was wondering if anyone else on here has one. I bought it for $4,000 with 127,000 miles and it is a performance with the NHP motor. I love the car and the power is amazing! I have a slight clunking noise when turning the wheel at low speed, I had a friend get out and check, he said the strut was shaking while I turned the wheel. Could this be the strut mount/bearing? I'm hoping so because the fe3 f55 suspension is very costly to replace. Thanks for the help in advance!

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,223 Posts
The shaking is probably the strut mount. But at 127k the struts are at the end of life. Rockauto has the magnetic ride struts and rear shocks. I replaced mine couple years ago for about $1200 for the parts installed them myself.

·
Registered
2008 DTS Platinum. gone: 04 Deville, 76 Eldo conv, 74 Fltwd
226 Posts
One of my front strut mounts (or some piece) clunks over some bumps in the road, but my mechanic says it's OK just noisy. He says it's over $300 to replace them, so I can wait until one of the shocks fails. I'm inclined to replace the fronts with standard DTS struts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the information, I just ended up buying a new strut and mount. Hopefully that fixes the issue. Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts