Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a frenetic week of ALMOST buying two ELRs, I am giving up. They're almost all gone in Canada. I found three candidates. First one sold by the time I called. Second one, had a deal all worked out, was waiting for exact details on fees/add ons from the dealer, and they sold it before I could make my final offer. Third one is still out there. We came really close, just not close enough. I'm still stunned about losing both cars. I spent more time emailing and talking cars on the phone this week than I ever have in my life.

Time to order a Volt. I'll keep my eyes open down the road for a used ELR. Damn, they are a beautiful car. I suppose the extra 25K in my pocket will cheer me up... eventually.

A public thanks to BurnsWRC who assisted with my search. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2014 ELR
4 Posts
We got our ELR at 30K off sticker. Last one on dealer's lot...

----------

The Reno NV dealer still has 2 ELRs, I think...

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The drop in the Canadian dollar has killed the chance of bringing one out of the US. We're down 20% compared to six months ago. Yes, I was getting 30k off, too, at Canadian dealers. Except for the dealer that I called on the west coast. He pretty much laughed at me when I made him a cash offer, and he told me, "you know this is an $84 000 car, right?". Guess he hasn't realized what they are actually selling for these days.

·
Registered
2014 ELR
71 Posts
Nooooo dont give up. The car is worth it. That being said if you need a car now I guess you have to move forward. You're getting a current gen Volt? Would be worth waiting for Gen2 considering the increase in ev autonomy. Sorry it didnt work out for you, that being said if you want I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow, I can investigate further if you havent totally given up. Might be more serious since I'm there in person and have already bought one, they know im not kidding around when i ask. Let me know and best of luck to you no matter which road you take.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kona is a no-go.

Cars.com is a no-go, refer to my comment above about the CDN/US exchange rate.

Looks like a loaded Volt will be happening soon.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The search has officially concluded... for now. We'll grab a used ELR in a couple of years. Upside here is we saved 20k, and this one's loaded with every single possible option. If an ELR is a Volt in a really nice Tuxedo, this thing would be an ELR in a pair of khakis and a polo. Still sad, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts